Close

View Entry Info: Synki

Category:
Complaint
[RESOLVED]
Username
Please enter the users current chat name.
Synki
Time
Time of day that the offense took place.
00:00
Admins Online
List any admins who were on the server at the time.
Many
Steamid
Please enter the steamid of the offending user.
STEAM_0:0:33904908
Complaint Description
Please describe the details of the situation.
Racist, targetted custom chatname; refuses to change
Attachments
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Synki

Recruit
    Post Thanks / Like

2. Thanks maggi, Icekream, Nyannix, ambutes thanked for this post
    Dislikes jackGODT disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink View Post
    Twitch TOS has nothing to do with KSF. As a streamer you can choose what you show, just have a blurry filter or a black bar to block the parts of the screen where you might see his name if you're afraid of getting banned. You're asking us to impose a new rule to the whole community instead of these 3 individuals having to put some effort into their streams. I don't understand why it is so hard to comprehend this.
    putting black bars against server records would be a big dampner on a surf stream. im not saying ksf should do whatever streamers want, but dont you think a small amount of the growth of the community is because trofle and beetle stream?

I'd find it pretty likely that alot of people have found ksf through their streams.

just because ksf is the biggest fish in town doesnt mean you should do a poor job of working with streamers.
    im not saying this because i feel owed anything. I feel its in the best interest of ksf.

4. Likes ArchieCourt liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ling_Ling View Post
    No shit twitch tos has nothing to do with ksf you ape. So basically they have to ruin the look of their stream just to surf on ksf. Gotcha. And I'm not offended by the word nigger, just trying to be an educated person here but i forgot css surfers all have down syndrome and you gotta have the brain capacity of a 3 year old to communicate with them. good try though haha xd thanks for keeping me entertained at work
    They don't have to ruin the look of their stream, I just gave simple examples as to how to avoid this problem in the first place that wouldn't turn these few streamers problems into everyones problem. They could literally place shit like their webcams or chat on top of the hud and it would actually improve the quality of their streams rather than ruin it.

Also good job bringing insults into the discussion, you've successfully made yourself look like an idiot and will be treated as such from now on.

Recruit
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickzter View Post
    Just because ksf has been a haven for racism in the past doesn't mean it should never grow up. If you wanna be proud that your server is grassroots, oldschool racist, that's fine; I guess it's not fair for me to ask for the server rules to change. But every other server has moved forward with simple decency rules to cultivate a less shitty community. The last I'll say is that if you wanna go strictly on the current server rules list, you're leaving it open for wild interpretation and allowing some really crazy shit to happen.

7. Thanks kEX thanked for this post
    Likes kEX, tretch liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think that we do "a poor job" with streamers. IIRC, we even sponsored trofle a private CSGO server back then so he could stream on it and help KSF to grow.

EDIT: Or was it summit? Can't remember.

9. Likes snappy liked this post
    KSF Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beetle179 View Post
    Just because ksf has been a haven for racism in the past doesn't mean it should never grow up. If you wanna be proud that your server is grassroots, oldschool racist, that's fine; I guess it's not fair for me to ask for the server rules to change. But every other server has moved forward with simple decency rules to cultivate a less shitty community. The last I'll say is that if you wanna go strictly on the current server rules list, you're leaving it open for wild interpretation and allowing some really crazy shit to happen.
    How about instead of the server growing up, you grow up and get a sense of fucking humour?
    If you ban racism from ksf you would have to ban literally everything else because retards like you would just cry all the time about other stuff

11. Thanks synki, snappy, Rickzter thanked for this post
    Likes synki, Rickzter liked this post
    Dislikes RedVenom disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacred View Post
    I don't think that we do "a poor job" with streamers. IIRC, we even sponsored trofle a private CSGO server back then so he could stream on it and help KSF to grow.

EDIT: Or was it summit? Can't remember.
    sorry, i hope it didnt sound like i said you guys do a poor job, im more saying that expecting streamers to black out chat and positions of records is a poor expectation.

*edit:

So ksf did a poor job of working with streamers for the time when synki had those names.
    Last edited by Orson; 06-12-2017 at 01:13 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickzter View Post

14. Dislikes Nyannix, Sundayy disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    i think the problem lies with, when someone has a record, KSF servers promote that person, type !wr or !top and ksf will pop it up, again and again.

racist jokes arent the end of the world, but a company or brand promoting racist slurs is going to hinder that brand.

Recruit
    Post Thanks / Like
    This has gotten way out of hand. Last thing I'll say is sorry I got a little too excited, esp. on servers. My goal was to start a conversation about racism and harassment on the servers, but I think that was pretty open-and-shut.

17. Thanks Sacred thanked for this post
    Likes Louieismyname liked this post

Thread Information