Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

To whoever runs the KSFRecords channel:

How are the runs recorded to get the clean look?

Casual
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ando. View Post
    How are the runs recorded to get the clean look?
    He told me this a while back
    "My recording settings are far away from top quality recording settings. Same applies to render settings.
    http://i.imgur.com/BHcTy8k.png
    In vdub i just use 60 fps and lagarith compression (default settings)
    http://i.imgur.com/0UkefQd.png "

He uses startmovie with srcdemo. ^ is his settings for srcdemo and sony vegas.

3. Thanks ando. thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by -BN View Post
    He told me this a while back
    "My recording settings are far away from top quality recording settings. Same applies to render settings.
    http://i.imgur.com/BHcTy8k.png
    In vdub i just use 60 fps and lagarith compression (default settings)
    http://i.imgur.com/0UkefQd.png "

He uses startmovie with srcdemo. ^ is his settings for srcdemo and sony vegas.
    Cheers.

Is there anyway I can get my map runs if I wasn't recording a demo?

Casual
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cheers.

Is there anyway I can get my map runs if I wasn't recording a demo?
    If you got a wrcp, wr or best run they have to date then you can record the bot.

Also surf demos in csgo are super laggy so thats why a lot of people record in game(for csgo).

Post Thanks / Like
    If I were to start recording a demo, then I stopped after finishing my run, how would I be able to watch it smoothly? Because I have a test demo, but it's laggy when I watch it in-game. CS:S btw.

(noob with demos)

Casual
    Post Thanks / Like
    If I were to start recording a demo, then I stopped after finishing my run, how would I be able to watch it smoothly? Because I have a test demo, but it's laggy when I watch it in-game. CS:S btw.

(noob with demos)
    I have no problems with css demos. Only csgo demos have bugs afaik.

If you're recording in css, just join a server, type record *namehere*, whenever you're done just type stop(in console). Go back to lobby or restart your game and type demoui in console. Play the demo. Css demos shouldn't be laggy, they aren't for me and a shit ton of other people.

You can try using commands like host_timescale 0(it works for csgo laggy characters).

If none of that fies your problem then just record in game.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know what the problem with my game / pc is.. Every demo I record, it looks as if I'm spectating someone with 500 ping, but I recorded it with 300+ fps and 40-60 ping.

The reason I want my runs in demo form is because I want to start uploading my personal bests to YouTube with the smoothest, cleanest quality I can.

Also, when I spectate the record bot, it's also not smooth and choppy.
    Last edited by ando.; 03-18-2016 at 02:32 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you trying to record a demo straight from the server or what?

You gotta download the demo (!demos, !uploaddemos, !wrdemos), put it in cstrike and record off that using fraps / dxtory / srcdemo2.

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you just doing "record demoname" in console? Because that command will give you shit quality like you describe.

The demo needs to be recorded by sourcetv, so if you want a run from a KSF server use !demos to upload it then make a video by playing back and recording your video from that demo, or if you're playing in a private server then you need to do tv_enable 1 to get a sourcetv bot and tv_record demoname to make it record a demo (not entirely certain if those are the commands for private server, I haven't used them in a long time.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by THERAPIST View Post
    Are you just doing "record demoname" in console? Because that command will give you shit quality like you describe.

The demo needs to be recorded by sourcetv, so if you want a run from a KSF server use !demos to upload it then make a video by playing back and recording your video from that demo, or if you're playing in a private server then you need to do tv_enable 1 to get a sourcetv bot and tv_record demoname to make it record a demo (not entirely certain if those are the commands for private server, I haven't used them in a long time.)
    How do I play my actual demo? When I type !demos it comes up with a bunch of demos, and when I select one I get the option of requesting upload, which I do not have permissions for.
    Last edited by ando.; 03-20-2016 at 10:26 PM.

Thread Information