Close

View Entry Info: Unfairly banned

Category:
Unban Request
[DENIED]
Name being used on the server at the time
Enter your chat username at that time of your ban.
Allah!
Date and Time of ban
Please give us an estimate of when you were banned.
05/07/2017
Admins online(afk or not)
What admins were online during the time of the ban.
idk
Which admin do you think banned you
What was the chat username of the admin who banned you.
Probably Sacred
Why you think you were banned
Was there a reason given for your ban?
"gaying" s1 of surf_quattro and cboosting spacejam
Your SteamID
Please enter your steamid.

Thread: Unfairly banned

Post Thanks / Like

Unfairly banned

So apparently I've been banned for "gaying" s1 of surf_quattro. However, I can't see how I broke any of KSF's rules. It was a regular shortcut like any other. If that's against the rules, there won't be any surfers left on the servers.
    Regarding the crouchboosting of spacejam, it wasn't intentional and I did not break the wrcp. I only finished the stage because the run was very slow. But it was not because of that I was banned anyway.
    Sacred also removed my wrcp on s5 or s6 (can't remember it now) of surf_liberation unfairly.There are many wrcps/wrbs that are edgebugged and haven't been removed and AFAIK, edgebugging non-triggered surfaces is not against any rules.It seems to me KSF's admins have double-standards and don't apply the rules equally for all players. I hadn't bothered to complain about this, but now I've been forced to do it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea, the "gaying" wasn't against the rules. The crouchboosting was. Still, I wanted to put it as a reason since you even used it in a run for rank 2, which you only got cause of that "shortcut". The thing is, you start exploiting stages that have just been changed / adjusted, e.g. liberation2 s6 that you mentioned. Do you think I'm removing a doubleboost, only for it to become edge-bugged? Nobody likes edgebug, it's too unreliable and I'm avoiding it on any new stage/map, and I also removed it on plenty others and will keep doing so. I did not ban you for that because there's no rule against that, either.
    And your stupid excuse "it wasn't intentional and I did not break the wrcp" is just a confirmation that you deserve this ban. Unintentional crouchboosting? So you spammed crouch while jumping onto the booster by accident, while the regular stage path is a different one? Alright. And you only didn't get WRCP cause you fucked up the headhit in the end, which you actually tried to get - I can restore the replay if you want - and got +.00 to WRCP. Enough said, it is and will be a 2 day ban.
    Last edited by Sacred; 07-06-2017 at 02:25 AM.

3. Thanks Sony thanked for this post
    Likes maggi, MaKo, Louieismyname, supremee, Sundayy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cboost can very well happen unintentionally and it did in my case. I didn't spam crouch before the boost - I was just prestrafing and I also wasn't going for the regular stage path - the route I was going for was a different one from wrcp, where you bhop a ledge that sticks out of first ramp. If I had wrcp time I wouldn't have finished the stage. I only did it because I mistakenly thought it was way slower than the stage's record. I dont understand why I was banned only now - when it happened quite some time ago. Nonetheless, I recognize I shouldn't have finished anyway and I deserve to be banned for it.

However, I feel like if edgebugging is considered an exploit then it should be outruled and removed in all its instances - a single person deciding arbitrarily where it's allowed and where it's not can lead to unfairness and hurt the competitive integrity of the game. To illustrate my point, surf_runeworlds was recently added and b2's wrb is edgebugged - many surfers, including ksf admins have also done it and no one has removed it until now.

It also confuses me how surf_quattro's s1 shortcut is different to any other regular shortcut - it's 100% consistent - and why is the fact that I got rank2 in the map because of it wrong. That's what usually happens when a new shortcut is found - times get improved.

5. Dislikes maggi disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    surf_runewords B2 is not edgebugged. It is simply a regular bhop where WRB bounced instead of bhopping. As for surf_quattro, I would say the wrong thing with using a new shortcut in a run (which in this case isn't allowed) would be the fact that you got a Rank 2 run (after what I've heard) only based on your stage 1 shortcut. When this shortcut is "labeled" not allowed, you have basically gotten a free Rank 2, which is obviously self explanatory that it is just unacceptable to just leave your time with no action taken.
    Last edited by supremee; 07-06-2017 at 03:57 PM.

7. Thanks MaKo thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The shortcut wasn't "labelled" as not allowed, and I didn't ban for that reason - rather for the crouchboosting. I just added it in the reason box as I wanted to show you that this was something you shouldn't have done, knowingly or not. The stage was properly adjusted after that so it's not possible anymore.

Why didn't I ban you earlier? Well, I think someone told me you crouchboosted there, before, but I somehow forgot about it with all the shit that stevo did, so once it came back to my mind you were banned. Can't always ban right after someone did something, it wasn't reported either.

Thread Information