Close

Recruit
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Weird fps/sensitivity problems

So recently I've been having a problem on some maps from time to time throughout the day where for a second or two on certain portions of maps it will feel like my sensitivity will shoot up, either that or my frames skip or something but it certainly doesn't feel natural and usually I can not surf through those parts. I don't have a very good cpu but I get about 200-300 fps ingame most of the time. I close fraps and chrome and everything else in the background besides css and steam, this seems to help but still doesn't fix the problem. It has been very annoying lately and I'm not sure what I should do :( If anyone else is having this problem I would also like to know that I'm not the only one!

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you playing in window mode?

Post Thanks / Like
    I had a very similar problem, try a different mouse.

Post Thanks / Like
    what mouse are you using?

Recruit
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hm, I am playing in fullscreen and have the razer deathadder chroma mouse, it's wired and has worked fine for me in the past. I've only had it for a couple of months now and my tackpad is nice and clean so that shouldn't be the problem. I'll try and use my old mouse if I can find it and see if that makes a difference

Junior Poster
    Post Thanks / Like
    if you've got dual monitors, try putting up your task manager and seeing if it's your cpu usage spiking, your ram, or whatever, way easier to fix the issue if you know what the problem is

Recruit
    Post Thanks / Like
    I only have one monitor and my cpu isn't that great but it idles at around 50-60% while i play source, no notable spikes or jumps in performance. Thanks for the advice though I'll keep task manager open and keep an eye out for anything suspicious

Recruit
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure if anyone still checks this thread but I narrowed down my problem. I figured out that my mouse works fine ingame after I restart my computer and CSS but as soon as I tab out of css the problems start. I can fix them by restarting my computer but that means I'd have to do that every time I want to check chrome or anything else on my computer. Gonna order a new mouse soon and see if that fixes the problem!

Recruit
    Post Thanks / Like
    It was m_rawinput
    it was on 0 i changed it to 1 now my mouse works fine i've been trying to solve this for so long omfg

Thread Information