Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    KSF Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm pretty sure Wikipedia won't let us publish this undocumented history of surf, let alone allow us to create a page for it. However, I'd love to make a "History of Surf" video with all of this information. If you've made a google doc or something, Daverina, I'd love to help you add to it and turn it into a script for the video.

Recruit
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    Daverina, add me: vonkehar3. If you want info about the tricksurf story 2010-now.
    edit: And you could contact qr, if you want to know about the origin of surf in Quake.
    That would be great! But add you on what?

Recruit
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Juxtapo View Post
    I'm pretty sure Wikipedia won't let us publish this undocumented history of surf, let alone allow us to create a page for it. However, I'd love to make a "History of Surf" video with all of this information. If you've made a google doc or something, Daverina, I'd love to help you add to it and turn it into a script for the video.
    A video would be really cool!
    I was indeed hoping that there would be other sources available but there don't really seem to be any. What I liked about wikipedia is that it is easier to also get the rest of the internet involved in correcting and expanding. But I guess I will make a Google doc or folder later today (I'll keep you guys updated).

I am actually working on a (possible) exhibition on CS surfing, but first need to see if I can find enough info and material... FYI: if I think there is enough info, the expo will be held in Amsterdam somewhere upcoming September. It won't be in a real museum, but will be in a expospace in the city centre With pro gaming getting really big, I think surfing and mapping should also get more attention. It is a non-profit thing btw with zero budget
    Last edited by Daverina; 07-21-2016 at 07:19 AM.

Recruit
    Post Thanks / Like
    Would be interesting if someone could prove some informations about skillsurf cheaters, the most known from CS:S are probably SILAS'
    & Vortex | Speedcore's sv_cheats bypass/host_timescale/host_framerate cheating

Recruit
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Daverina View Post
    That would be great! But add you on what?
    Lol, look what I just found: http://deletionpedia.org/en/Counter_Strike_Surf

There used to be a Wikipedia page, but it got deleted back in 2014!!

Recruit
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok I have set up a Google Doc

Disclaimer: I am a surfing noob, and English is not my native language so could really really use your help!!:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

You can only suggest edits by making comments, I will make sure I implement the suggestions and maybe gradually add people as editors with 'can edit' privilege.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steam.

The most common term to the surf category where people kill each other is: combat surf.
    By the way, I like to distinguish combat surf in two parts: arena combat surf and linear combat surf.
    Arena combat maps have no defined "what direction(s) to surf" goals and you can easily get around to everywhere from everywhere more or less, e.g. surf_greatriver_xdre4m.
    Linear combat maps have more or less some "what direction(s) to surf" goals and you canT get around to everywhere from everywhere at all, e.g. surf_rebel_resistance_final3.

Wild m3 surf style is most effective in arena combat maps. Awp camping is most effective in linear combat maps.
    Arena combat maps have tend to be the most popular combat maps in the competetive scene, prob. because they are most based on surf (skills).
    Last edited by Jabra; 07-21-2016 at 07:49 PM. Reason: be more precisely

Post Thanks / Like
    man, surf velocity... those were the days. completing surf_sandman_v2 could get you in the clan (was a hot topic back in the day). this was like 8 years ago...

who else is still around besides me that has been surfing cs:s since 2004 or early 2005? it's interesting reading that this was supposedly discovered in 1.6 in mid 2004 before HL2 release. i think it originated in cs:s. i just remember hosting servers with my friends and surfing surf_leet and surf_egypt. i think surf_legends was the beginning of skill surf for me.
    Last edited by scotty; 07-21-2016 at 08:43 PM.

Recruit
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    Daverina, add me: vonkehar3. If you want info about the tricksurf story 2010-now.
    edit: And you could contact qr, if you want to know about the origin of surf in Quake.
    I can't find you.. But ppl you can also add me (Daverina).

Also I have added the info on combat surf in the google doc.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I dont think u should mention spawn/top 2 spawn/top as an a varation divided from tricksurfing. These tricks have been a big part of the tricksurf community and they are not a rare case of tricks without creativity. Wraps and spawnhops as well
    Last edited by Jabra; 07-22-2016 at 08:22 AM.

Thread Information