Close

Threaded View

Post Thanks / Like

Add a new tier between Exceptional and Experienced

I think doing so is good for a few reasons, which are:

1. New players on average don't farm g1 t1's nearly as fast as people that come on KSF that are already familiar with how to surf well, so it takes them quite some time to farm up the 20k or so points to get Exceptional. I think this causes them to become discouraged from playing on KSF after a while, I don't know the stats but I don't think many people that reach the 3k point mark for Experienced play to be anywhere near the 20k point mark. I think adding a rank at around the 10k point area (1k overall rank or so) will motivate these new players to continue playing as there is an obtainable rank within reach. It's no secret that people like to be rewarded for their effort, and I think the reward is just too far off.

2. The Exceptional rank as it is currently is just 1 step up from Experienced, however I don't think this is representative of how good people at 3k-12k points are to people that have Exceptional. I think adding the new rank would increased the value of Exceptional to where it should be.

3. I think this will generate more donations. Again I don't have the stats but I'm pretty sure that most VIP's are at least Experienced and as I think this change targets people that have at least committed that time and effort, a change that increases the possibility of them playing on KSF will make it more likely that they donate.

just a quick micorsolution lol

I'll bring Scotty's suggestion to the top because I actually prefer it over mine.

Quote Originally Posted by scotty View Post

so at a minimum copying css ranks below exceptional would be a good first step and i would even double that in scale for csgo

12000+ Experienced
    8000-11999 Skilled
    5000-7999 Casual
    2000-4999 Beginner
    0-1999 Rookie

Last edited by Water; 08-30-2016 at 06:25 PM.

Thread Information