PDA

View Full Version : [Request] You need a leaderboard for backward halfsideway and unidirectional surf style

biggy
04-09-2017, 04:14 AM
Hi guys,

I'm new to surf and KSF servers, but I've noticed that there are different kind of world record leaderboards related to different surf styles:
1) forward,
2) sideway,
3) backward,
4) halfsideway.

The thing is, if one is trying to exhaust all the possibilities of this engine, one should introduce the new category of backward halfsideway surf style. This isn't something impossible to do at all, so why not making it a real thing?

Now, one could also think of an (almost impossible) surf-style I call "unidirectional surf": there would be 8 different subcategories there because there are 8 directions. You're only allowed to use one direction to complete a map. It is theoretically possible because you're allowed to make a 180 to switch directions with just 1 key (like, if you're only allowed to use right strafe, then you can perfectly turn left by going backward). You could therefore have "left strafe unidirectional surf" or, "forward unidirectional surf".

Now, surely forward and backward unidirectional surf are very similar, so one could perfectly regroup them together, as is already the case for sideway or halfsideway leaderboard (that regroups both right and left cases, depending on which ramp you face).

What do you guys think of this proposition?

ambutes
04-09-2017, 04:24 AM
please no

Kusché
04-09-2017, 04:26 AM
There's very little competition backwards, why'd we need bwhsw that hardly anyone would do?

Nyannix
04-09-2017, 04:27 AM
no..

Blink
04-09-2017, 04:49 AM
april fools was over a week ago homie

biggy
04-09-2017, 04:54 AM
There's very little competition backwards, why'd we need bwhsw that hardly anyone would do?

Precisely because it would maybe make more people try it? :>
Or simply, for "completion" of all the surf style? Even if nobody cares, its here

mini xD
04-09-2017, 05:59 AM
no thx :)

MaKo
04-09-2017, 06:21 AM
These styles would work best for a bhop server, easier to do a-only or d-only and stuff. so not rly good for a surf server. :disappointed:

Stevo_97
04-09-2017, 06:41 AM
the undirectional stuff is on bhop servers already in the form of a only w only s only or d only. bwhsw should be in there i agree it's pretty fun

ambutes
04-09-2017, 08:13 AM
Surf doesn't need more styles, there's already enough with hardly any competition, why add more.

Sundayy
04-09-2017, 10:29 AM
Barely no one surf other styles than FW, hsw had competition before binds

Crayz
04-09-2017, 11:47 AM
all angle surf is gay, just don't add any more

cheazy
04-09-2017, 01:46 PM
With the limited time unt0uch has for dev time on the timer, his main focus should be more towards the forwards timer. Adding more styles would just introduce more bugs and headaches in the future. There is already a bug (at least on the csgo timer), where hsw will just stop working and set you back to the normal timer. Current bugs and future quality of life updates should be the main focus (like the things that are in the doc).

Like others have said, there isn't much competition for the angle surf category's we have now. Adding more would just be clutter. Adding fun styles is cool and all, but when the main focus should be a competitive forwards timer, I don't see a point.

Draph
04-09-2017, 03:54 PM
precisely.