PDA

View Full Version : FakeIronman - Gagging

Slaughtz
01-08-2017, 08:19 PM
After this gag, I have a couple questions:

1) Are non-PC jokes, statements and opinions against the rules? (I see no chat rules when I type !rules, except about spamming and languages)

2) How long does a gag last? There was no indicator to me of a time limit nor anything in the rules to tell me when I am 'ungagged' if a VIP decides that it's not worth their trouble to ungag someone, for whatever reason.

Here is all the evidence I gathered, because I had to quit CS:S to find out what the complaint procedure was.

That's all.

Sundayy
01-09-2017, 12:42 AM
Gag was okay IMO.
A gag will last till you leave the server

Sam
01-11-2017, 03:38 AM
IMO you can't really call a gag vip abuse, it's not a serious feature since it can easily be removed by rejoining the server.
Only exception would be repeatedly gagging as soon as gagged user rejoins the server.

Sundayy
01-11-2017, 04:02 AM
Na , in that case is a ban for the gagged user for avoiding a gag from VIP/admin unless he was gagged for no reason

evolv
01-20-2017, 10:43 PM
There are no rules explicitly barring what a user can say on the server, but I also leave a certain amount of discretion for VIPs and Admins to decide when to gag/mute a player.
The gag is temporary and lasts until map change or when the user rejoins the server. Although rejoining the server to cancel a gag can result in a ban.
If this is only a situation that happens on rare occasion then i'm not going to get involved, but if the VIP continues to gag you on a regular basis without having any justification for it, then I will remove the players privileges.