PDA

View Full Version : [Help] weird vac errors

SnyderN
10-29-2016, 07:27 PM
It's my side but I don't have any 3rd party software, I'm not getting banned just d/ced by VAC. I verified integrity of game cache and restarted steam without any luck, any suggestions?

Boo
10-29-2016, 07:47 PM
Find your run prompt will be under the windows tab I think for aanything below windows 10 if you have windows 10 use win key + X then go to run and paste this into it and run it with steam closed <----
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\bin\SteamService.exe" /repair

After that is done running restart pc and it's fixed.

SnyderN
10-29-2016, 08:02 PM
Just tried this, I don't think the repair service is working, it's just been a blank black window for 15 minutes. Should I try again or do I need to do something to the Steam Client Service window?

Boo
10-29-2016, 08:42 PM
Just tried this, I don't think the repair service is working, it's just been a blank black window for 15 minutes. Should I try again or do I need to do something to the Steam Client Service window?

It's going to be blank if it's your first time doing it it may take some time it can usually take a couple minutes for me but it works everytime I do it

Blink
10-29-2016, 09:12 PM
I remember doing something with bcdedit when I had that error, don't remember if it worked since I tried like 4 different things but maybe you should look into that

Draph
10-30-2016, 01:25 AM
Very common issue, easy fix.

1. Open Command Prompt as an Administrator.
2. Right click and paste this code: bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOn
3. Press enter then restart your computer.

If that doesn't work, you can download a program that does all the recommended fixes with the click of a button.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/war6etks3bkxjxh/VACAF2.3.zip

Sacred
10-30-2016, 03:12 AM
Not such an easy fix if you don't know it, this retarded bug has always been a pain in the ass.

SnyderN
10-30-2016, 01:21 PM
The /repair thingy eventually worked, thank you everyone for the input though