PDA

View Full Version : !rollbackpr !removepr or something

jbk
08-12-2016, 02:14 PM
wasup guys
i thought about something, why not let users remove their PRs themselves?
imagine you lag a stage, or you lag a trigger and get a cheeky pr, or get a superboost and you don't want to get banned for it or get shit on by people, why not make a !removepr or !rollbackpr command that would roll back your pr to the last best time you had?
that way you can test exploits for the lulz, and remove them on the go

can it also say "17's a beast yo wasuppp" when you type that command pls thx

FluX
08-12-2016, 04:21 PM
Interesting feature, but the only people who would care enough to actually utilize this feature are people who get wrcps and other things that make an impact. People such as I would not have a use because I would not superboost a stage or rollback my time because it's 1 tick lagged, because it won't matter.

In addition I'm sure it would be really hard to add this feature to remove times considering it's an admin command for a reason, and I'm sure adding this command would also add many exploits in which players can mess with their times in ways you wouldn't think.

jbk
08-12-2016, 06:16 PM
Yeah, that's true. Few people would use it, but every now and then someone gets an impossible time which has to be deleted by an admin, so it could help in that way. May. But i think it should be considered, as long as it's an easy feature to add.

FluX
08-12-2016, 06:48 PM
I'm sure this feature would help Sacred a TON however, but it would be such a headache for untouch to make.

Mooster Cow
08-12-2016, 06:58 PM
sounds fokin ez 2 make

cheazy
08-12-2016, 07:41 PM
Another suggestion to add onto this is to nuke all times made by someone who was banned for cheating/lagging records. If you're banned for cheating, all your times should be gone even if they did do some pr's legit in my opinion.

Right now we have to report each and every record that they broke making it a lot more time consuming for Sacred and us reporting the times. If all of their times could be removed, all of their cheated records would be gone, as well as cheated top 10s they may have had.

FluX
08-12-2016, 08:22 PM
I agree with cheazy, their legacy shouldn't live on if they cheat, especially if they have good times.

Spari
08-13-2016, 05:22 AM
Another suggestion to add onto this is to nuke all times made by someone who was banned for cheating/lagging records. If you're banned for cheating, all your times should be gone even if they did do some pr's legit in my opinion.

Right now we have to report each and every record that they broke making it a lot more time consuming for Sacred and us reporting the times. If all of their times could be removed, all of their cheated records would be gone, as well as cheated top 10s they may have had.

yea so for example joe wouldve lost all his times even tho he has never cheated

cheazy
08-13-2016, 10:00 AM

Then he wouldn't lose his times because he didn't cheat. I'm not saying it should be an automatic system like SMAC and just erase all of their times as soon as someone is detected as cheating. It should be looked into. And if that person was in fact a confirmed cheater, why should they get to keep their times?

fakeDemon
08-13-2016, 08:55 PM

Joe records in 2016 though.

THERAPIST
08-13-2016, 10:20 PM

People that cheated do get all of their times removed. See: exydos, iksem, nyastle, speedcore etc.

jbk
08-16-2016, 11:30 AM
how do you even cheat in surf though? like movement recorders or what?

FluX
08-16-2016, 07:28 PM
Movement recorders, strafe hacks (not really effective in surf but for bhopping, nevertheless it's a hack), angle surf hacks, and autohop hacks. I'm sure few more are there, these are the most common ones.

Tenno
08-17-2016, 06:19 AM
Movement recorders, strafe hacks (not really effective in surf but for bhopping, nevertheless it's a hack), angle surf hacks, and autohop hacks. I'm sure few more are there, these are the most common ones.

How do movement recorders work? Is it kinda like TAS so it lets you perfect a run and then have it replay the run?

Sacred
08-17-2016, 11:18 AM
How do movement recorders work? Is it kinda like TAS so it lets you perfect a run and then have it replay the run?

Yes. You record it, probably in slowmo, then replay it.