PDA

View Full Version : I've basically finished my first map just a few questions

08-09-2016, 09:07 AM
I was just wondering if there are any specific requirements for a map to be added to ksf? other than the quality of it I guess

Anonymous?
08-09-2016, 11:02 AM
having a possible export to csgo i guess.. other than that you'll have to wait for sacred..

A link to a video/map would be great too

Juxtapo
08-09-2016, 12:53 PM
As long as its enjoyable (and optimized properly and has some sort of detail effort put into it) it will be added.

Things you should do to make it convenient for server owners: zone trigger_multiples with distinguishable names (flush with the edge of start zones, 1 unit buffer on end zones), 60 spawn entities

Sacred
08-09-2016, 01:58 PM
As long as its enjoyable (and optimized properly and has some sort of detail effort put into it) it will be added.

Things you should do to make it convenient for server owners: zone trigger_multiples with distinguishable names (flush with the edge of start zones, 1 unit buffer on end zones), 60 spawn entities

I hope arcticpanda reads this...

You only need to make triggers for zones if they do NOT have a rectangular shape, e.g. a triangular start or whatever (same for end, obviously)

Gunter
08-09-2016, 02:19 PM
can we get a download link

Mooster Cow
08-09-2016, 02:42 PM

Thanks Juxtapo :)

08-10-2016, 10:27 AM
Here is a download of the map it looks like shit at the moment, some textures from elysium

This is my first map please go easy

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9ao31tqa6bdc9in/surf_noclue.bsp?dl=0

also need to change credits as I forgot a few names

This is also on the lowest compile settings

Will add more player spawns and anything required

name also not final, This version of the map is still very much in beta

(edit: fixed download, map should have working textures now)

08-10-2016, 10:57 AM
For whoever asked for a video here is a my shitey surf and my shitey map https://youtu.be/y0ZgEnLAVXY