PDA

View Full Version : [Help] does anyone know whats wrong with my game/gfx

baz
07-25-2016, 07:50 AM
it used to happen to me before when i had a 7950 and it stopped randomly now i have a gtx1080 and it started happening again so i know its not my gfx card, it only happens in css and not on all maps
http://plays.tv/video/5796183fa4c1d53e32/aaaaaa

Sundayy
07-25-2016, 08:01 AM
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmh try r_dynamics 0 if it doesnt work just try to reinstall or put shadows off

P.S : we need ksf russia!

Mooster Cow
07-25-2016, 10:42 AM
lets trade graphics cards to test if it's just you

baz
07-26-2016, 07:10 AM
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmh try r_dynamics 0 if it doesnt work just try to reinstall or put shadows off

P.S : we need ksf russia!

tryed both and its still doing it on surf_lt_unicorn :( will reinstall now

p.s: im not actually russian :/

edit: http://plays.tv/video/579767e1ed7d89757f/s

-BN
07-26-2016, 09:37 PM
okay so a while back everything was fine with my monitor . boom okay, I got a new mod(vape) that had 2 magnetic doors and it's sitting right in front of my monitor. I noticed that it started to change colors, when i turned my monitor on it would be some weird ass rez and the colors would be weird af . So i switched out my gpu to an old one, well it kept happening , so I decided to move my vape. Problem went away and i havent seen it since.

So what I'm thinking is, it's not your gpu(s). It's the monitor. If you have a nother computer you can test it on , do that. and just to be safe test both of them(monitor and gpu on different computers) or if you have a friend try using his monitor to see if the problem persists.

lmk what the results are. If you dont have any of the above then just take it to a computer shop or something if it's really that srs.

ps: I'm willing to bet it's the monitor or some settings within your monitor settings.

Anonymous?
07-26-2016, 09:52 PM
okay so a while back everything was fine with my monitor . boom okay, I got a new mod(vape) that had 2 magnetic doors and it's sitting right in front of my monitor. I noticed that it started to change colors, when i turned my monitor on it would be some weird ass rez and the colors would be weird af . So i switched out my gpu to an old one, well it kept happening , so I decided to move my vape. Problem went away and i havent seen it since.

So what I'm thinking is, it's not your gpu(s). It's the monitor. If you have a nother computer you can test it on , do that. and just to be safe test both of them(monitor and gpu on different computers) or if you have a friend try using his monitor to see if the problem persists.

lmk what the results are. If you dont have any of the above then just take it to a computer shop or something if it's really that srs.

ps: I'm willing to bet it's the monitor or some settings within your monitor settings.

the monitor has nothing to do with that... its the display of the GPU that is fkd up rofl
He isn't taping this on his phone.. it is recorded with plays.tv...
And for myself. My game is fkd up too.. Not like yours.. but yeah I got some random letters everywhere since the recent update.. I think they do not support my GPU anymore (7 years old GPU)

What is your PC spec ? (the whole thing not only your GPU)

baz
07-27-2016, 06:53 AM
im pretty sure its not my monitor since its a 4 month old 144hz acer predator, and its ONLY css and only certain maps in css, its not random.

my pc specs:
i5 6600k 4.2ghz
16gb hyper x fury
gtx 1080
asus z170-a
xfx xtr 750w
250gb ssd and 1tb hd

Sundayy
07-27-2016, 07:06 AM
Its something related to lights and ilumination , try an fps config

FiZz
07-27-2016, 08:32 AM
what happens when u put your flashlight on? In 1.6 we sometimes encounter the same problem because of a bug with the flashlight, its very uncommon but still happens.

rool
07-27-2016, 09:04 AM
hey, it doesn't happen on my gtx 950, wanna change? i wouldn't really mind the problems ;)

-BN
07-27-2016, 10:56 AM
im pretty sure its not my monitor since its a 4 month old 144hz acer predator, and its ONLY css and only certain maps in css, its not random.

my pc specs:
i5 6600k 4.2ghz
16gb hyper x fury
gtx 1080
asus z170-a
xfx xtr 750w
250gb ssd and 1tb hd

Your computer is nice. Okay so it only happens with css and certain maps. I'd say that css is the problem. You've tried it with 2 different gpus and it still happens, so it isn't the gpu. You should just try another monitor so you can narrow down the problem, or just do a fresh windows install. That fixes everything. ;)

skip tracer
07-27-2016, 11:42 AM
this guy had the same problem http://steamcommunity.com/app/240/discussions/0/371919771760574932/
and it's very anti-climactic but he had something called overwolf overlay on and disabled it while playing css and the problem went away. there's other stuff in there that might help or might not. who knows! i don;t!

fakeDemon
07-27-2016, 02:34 PM
Those are pretty good specs.

FluX
07-29-2016, 11:26 AM
Try uninstall/reinstall, you could be missing certain files, aswell as for those certain maps, try deleting them and reinstalling them from gamebanana and trying again.

Also don't put magnets near your electronics...

baz
07-30-2016, 04:22 AM
it was overwolf <3

Goldace31415
07-31-2016, 10:29 AM
Hey I may be wrong but I think it's an ingame issue. It seems to me like you've tried messing with hardware and that didn't fix it and I've had in-game lighting issues before and it was just a software thing. Not exactly sure how to fix, but focus your search on corrupt downloaded game files or auto saved console commands etc. hope this helps