PDA

View Full Version : Half-Sideways Exploit

Charles
06-11-2016, 01:39 PM
Greetings everyone! I'm here to tell you some sad news. Because this may need you to reset all hsw records.

There is an exploit, you can by typing "+forward" and "+back" in console surf hsw like a normal person (no offence). There's ofc an easy fix to this just check that back and forward isn't pressed at the same time.

Oh and if you don't decide to remove all records as you can see which records are legit from the wrbot you may atleast want to remove my hsw record from surf_ny_momentum2_ksf as I have no idea how to actually do hsw runs.
This bug aplies to both source and go.

Flies out...

Oh and don't ban me for taking a record with this plz, I just had to try it out. I will do my best to contain myself from further abuse of this exploit.

Nyannix
06-11-2016, 01:46 PM
you just wanted to try it out, couldn't you do that on the first ramp instead of surfing the whole map?

Charles
06-11-2016, 01:51 PM
I did start to write the thread after I tested on one ramp. Then it occured to me perhaps this is already fixed and you would just not get a time completing the map done this way. It's seems like such a simple thing and I would look like a fool if I posted about it when it's already fixed.

And the feeling of taking a wr on ksf, wow. Who could resist..

Sundayy
06-11-2016, 02:58 PM
"Oh and don't ban me for taking a record with this plz, I just had to try it out. I will do my best to contain myself from further abuse of this exploit."
are u retarded?
can u read rules?

Charles
06-11-2016, 03:23 PM
I was trying to help out the community. Finding a bug. Testing an exploit recently discovered by my friend on zipcore's timer.

I could have used this getting rank 2 on every map whenever I wasn't spectated. Instead I choose to post about it here so it can be fixed.
For the record part my thoughts was that if this bug works, all hsw times should be removed. I have no idea how many times that have been done using this method.

Sundayy
06-11-2016, 03:54 PM
Man this "bug" is old old old old so old , and no , there's no need to remove ALL hsw times , long time ago i reported ALL cheated hsw times done with +forward and +back
you just have to take a look at !keys and if he has +forward+back and only pressing s + d he's doing it , btw he looks like surfing forward so , i dont know why we have to remove all hsw times :/

Charles
06-11-2016, 04:08 PM
No one looks at all hsw times done.. and it isn't that hard to fix.

Sundayy
06-11-2016, 05:26 PM
Since i surf hsw , yes i looked all hswwrs that looked suspicious

Charles
06-11-2016, 05:48 PM
Yeah wrs, those are easy to find. If you're gonna abuse a bug you won't make it obvious.

It would be possible to get top ranks without taking a single wr, and that wouldn't be fair against those really trying. Perhaps someone just want access to expert server.

Sundayy
06-11-2016, 05:50 PM
Man , stop with this , i know who's cheating in this mode just ask lonewolf who got pbanned for doing this after i saw his records , there's no need to keep talking in this thread

Charles
06-11-2016, 07:20 PM
So you have no desire to have this fixed? You want to spend your time scooping out records you expect cheated?

shena
06-11-2016, 07:39 PM
sunday has no chill m8

Sundayy
06-12-2016, 01:43 AM
I just dont report any hswwr, i check who has done it , his time , his speed , his replay
If u know how to fix this go ahead and tell sacred.

Sacred
06-12-2016, 02:32 AM
Oh the fix is actually pretty easy, thought untouch had already added it. However it is known for years, sunday is right. And beating a WR with it is pretty dumb to be honest.

Charles
06-12-2016, 04:59 AM
I apologize for taking a record, had no idea this was a known bug. Did a search on the forum and found nothing about it.

unt0uch4bl3
07-12-2016, 11:14 AM
I'll fix it. Easy fix, just an oversight on my part when I originally added the feature.