PDA

View Full Version : HSW Binds Tutorial (+Config File)

Gotta Go Fast
05-08-2016, 03:37 PM
I recently started surfing hsw and im having a lot of fun with it and i heard of using binds from a friend of mine named Heli so i thought id share

I was scrolling through the forums and haven't seen one of these other than in the CSS forums, so i thought i'd put one in here so show some aspiring HSW surfers

Original Credit for this: https://carbongaming.net/subdomains/ipb/index.php?/forums/topic/51-hsw-guide-recommended-for-already-experienced-surfersmaking-video-soon/

How to:

What this config will do is change your keys to make "a" work as "w and a" and d will work as "d and s"

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1LRXR1t_keeSUx0QWo0bzlybm8/view?usp=sharing <-- Link to download the config file

alias +strafeleft "+moveleft;+forward"
alias -strafeleft "-moveleft;-forward"
alias +straferight "+moveright;+back"
alias -straferight "-moveright;-back"
alias hsw "bind a +strafeleft;bind d +straferight"
alias normal "bind a +moveleft;bind d +moveright"

This is a link to download a hsw config that you must place in: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo\cfg

To execute the config in game you must type in console; "exec hsw" and then to turn it on you must type "hsw" and to turn it off type "unhsw", the other config works with css and csgo you would do the same thing just typing "hsw" and "normal" to switch between the two

Nowlech
05-08-2016, 04:07 PM
People are usually against using binds for HSW, it makes it too easy :l

Masog
05-08-2016, 04:38 PM
Angle surfing was considered a fun challenge, now that u can get times & rank in these modes it's just so worth using binds that u really can't not use them (if going for times).
I don't surf HSW so idc rly, I did in the past.

Gotta Go Fast
05-09-2016, 06:32 AM
People are usually against using binds for HSW, it makes it too easy :l
It's up to u whether or not to use them, in my own opinion id rather have it be easier because it makes it more fun and acessible to more people

Sacred
05-09-2016, 10:17 AM
Angle surfing was considered a fun challenge, now that u can get times & rank in these modes it's just so worth using binds that u really can't not use them (if going for times).
I don't surf HSW so idc rly, I did in the past.

Maybe you just need to get good, ever seen Trofle do HSW?

Sundayy
05-09-2016, 11:03 AM
wtf are those binds rofl

Blink
05-09-2016, 11:42 AM
It's up to u whether or not to use them, in my own opinion id rather have it be easier because it makes it more fun and acessible to more people

To me the fun part about HSW is the challenge, and I consider anyone who uses HSW binds to make it easier to be massive pussies. Angle surf doesn't even affect your normal rank at all, you've taken something fun and turned it into a pile of shit. thanks

Nyannix
05-09-2016, 12:33 PM
To me the fun part about HSW is the challenge, and I consider anyone who uses HSW binds to make it easier to be massive pussies. Angle surf doesn't even affect your normal rank at all, you've taken something fun and turned it into a pile of shit. thanks

^

Gotta Go Fast
05-09-2016, 03:13 PM

I mean I still have fun doing hsw were just 2 different people, I don't think it really matters use binds if u want to

Masog
05-10-2016, 03:59 AM
Maybe you just need to get good, ever seen Trofle do HSW?

Why so offensive, you've never seen me surfing HSW. Also, what I pointed out is that you will never be as good w/o binds as with binds - there's not way you will push 2 buttons in sync 100% of the time. And yes, I've seen Trofle's HSW, it's far from what binds give you, but he's propably one of the best without them :D

Gotta Go Fast
05-10-2016, 07:12 PM
Why so offensive, you've never seen me surfing HSW. Also, what I pointed out is that you will never be as good w/o binds as with binds - there's not way you will push 2 buttons in sync 100% of the time. And yes, I've seen Trofle's HSW, it's far from what binds give you, but he's propably one of the best without them :D
The thread turned into a war zone I'm sorry

Jellyblob
05-11-2016, 03:39 AM
Let's be real though. Who doesn't use binds? A lot of WRs are done with binds so what's the problem?
sure is scummy but everyone does it :bored:

Blink
05-11-2016, 07:08 AM
Let's be real though. Who doesn't use binds? A lot of WRs are done with binds so what's the problem?
sure is scummy but everyone does it :bored:
The problem is I don't want to use shitty binds to surf hsw because it's gay as fuck and everyone who doesn't want to use binds are discouraged to go for wrs because of the faggots that do use binds

That's the reason I never go for hsw records, I might do a couple of stages hsw for lulz but going for wrs is pointless

.:Deadeye:.
05-30-2016, 03:38 PM
untouchable okayed it a long time ago when i first mentioned it so obviously ppl will use it. if you want a challenge then try one of the actually difficult styles like bw or sw