PDA

View Full Version : Vis Admin Abuse

Zanybones
04-09-2016, 03:45 PM
I was muted and gagged by the admin vis.
I will list the events as which they occurred below.

I joined the ExpertSurf server currently on the map surf_torque2.
I nominate surf_year3000 followed by "rtv" in chat.
I surf for roughly 5 minutes, during this time I learn that vis is going for Bonus World Record and he passes a vote to extend the map by 10min.
Another player on the server (about 2 minutes after the extension) also rtv's which forces the map to change.
We join the next map (I forget the name) and vis (almost instantly) switches back to surf_torque2.
Once I am rejoined to surf_torque2 I am gagged by vis. I respond with "What the hell?" in voice chat.
I am then muted (followed by a "f**k off" from vis) and attempt to add vis as a friend to ask why I was gagged and muted (no reply).

I come to the forums in hopes of understanding the reasoning behind my punishment so I do not replicate it in the future.

Thanks for reading, Zanybones.

scotty
04-10-2016, 01:24 PM
:cool:

Gunter
04-11-2016, 01:03 AM
you cant be rtving during wr attempts in expert server m8

Sacred
04-11-2016, 02:02 AM
you cant be rtving during wr attempts in expert server m8

Depends on the server, really. I don't see why WRB attempts on some public server should "block" the mapchange.

Gunter
04-11-2016, 05:02 AM
i dont mean about this situation rather just as general advice as its kinda an unspoken rule on the rank restricted servers

evolv
04-11-2016, 02:11 PM
Yeah it seems a little excessive to mute/gag you for RTV'ing, but I can also see where VIS is coming from when you are right in the middle of WR runs. Hopefully this is just a one time situation, if it continues then I can take action.