PDA

View Full Version : To whoever runs the KSFRecords channel:

ando.
03-15-2016, 05:16 PM
How are the runs recorded to get the clean look?

-BN
03-15-2016, 07:30 PM
How are the runs recorded to get the clean look?

He told me this a while back
"My recording settings are far away from top quality recording settings. Same applies to render settings.
http://i.imgur.com/BHcTy8k.png
In vdub i just use 60 fps and lagarith compression (default settings)
http://i.imgur.com/0UkefQd.png "

He uses startmovie with srcdemo. ^ is his settings for srcdemo and sony vegas.

ando.
03-16-2016, 01:42 AM
He told me this a while back
"My recording settings are far away from top quality recording settings. Same applies to render settings.
http://i.imgur.com/BHcTy8k.png
In vdub i just use 60 fps and lagarith compression (default settings)
http://i.imgur.com/0UkefQd.png "

He uses startmovie with srcdemo. ^ is his settings for srcdemo and sony vegas.

Cheers.

Is there anyway I can get my map runs if I wasn't recording a demo?

-BN
03-16-2016, 06:22 AM
Cheers.

Is there anyway I can get my map runs if I wasn't recording a demo?

If you got a wrcp, wr or best run they have to date then you can record the bot.

Also surf demos in csgo are super laggy so thats why a lot of people record in game(for csgo).

ando.
03-16-2016, 09:43 PM
If I were to start recording a demo, then I stopped after finishing my run, how would I be able to watch it smoothly? Because I have a test demo, but it's laggy when I watch it in-game. CS:S btw.

(noob with demos)

-BN
03-17-2016, 10:33 PM
If I were to start recording a demo, then I stopped after finishing my run, how would I be able to watch it smoothly? Because I have a test demo, but it's laggy when I watch it in-game. CS:S btw.

(noob with demos)

I have no problems with css demos. Only csgo demos have bugs afaik.

If you're recording in css, just join a server, type record *namehere*, whenever you're done just type stop(in console). Go back to lobby or restart your game and type demoui in console. Play the demo. Css demos shouldn't be laggy, they aren't for me and a shit ton of other people.

You can try using commands like host_timescale 0(it works for csgo laggy characters).

If none of that fies your problem then just record in game.

ando.
03-18-2016, 02:21 AM
I don't know what the problem with my game / pc is.. Every demo I record, it looks as if I'm spectating someone with 500 ping, but I recorded it with 300+ fps and 40-60 ping.

The reason I want my runs in demo form is because I want to start uploading my personal bests to YouTube with the smoothest, cleanest quality I can.

Also, when I spectate the record bot, it's also not smooth and choppy.

Silverthing
03-20-2016, 04:35 AM
Are you trying to record a demo straight from the server or what?

You gotta download the demo (!demos, !uploaddemos, !wrdemos), put it in cstrike and record off that using fraps / dxtory / srcdemo2.

THERAPIST
03-20-2016, 12:18 PM
Are you just doing "record demoname" in console? Because that command will give you shit quality like you describe.

The demo needs to be recorded by sourcetv, so if you want a run from a KSF server use !demos to upload it then make a video by playing back and recording your video from that demo, or if you're playing in a private server then you need to do tv_enable 1 to get a sourcetv bot and tv_record demoname to make it record a demo (not entirely certain if those are the commands for private server, I haven't used them in a long time.)

ando.
03-20-2016, 10:18 PM
Are you just doing "record demoname" in console? Because that command will give you shit quality like you describe.

The demo needs to be recorded by sourcetv, so if you want a run from a KSF server use !demos to upload it then make a video by playing back and recording your video from that demo, or if you're playing in a private server then you need to do tv_enable 1 to get a sourcetv bot and tv_record demoname to make it record a demo (not entirely certain if those are the commands for private server, I haven't used them in a long time.)

How do I play my actual demo? When I type !demos it comes up with a bunch of demos, and when I select one I get the option of requesting upload, which I do not have permissions for.

Crayz
03-21-2016, 12:53 AM
If you record a demo in KSF and replay on local server, do you make sure your local settings are the same as KSF? airaccelerate, tickrate, etc?

If I remember right having different settings can cause unsmooth playback

ando.
03-21-2016, 01:58 AM
If you record a demo in KSF and replay on local server, do you make sure your local settings are the same as KSF? airaccelerate, tickrate, etc?

If I remember right having different settings can cause unsmooth playback

Settings seem to be the same, cant check for tickrate though, I assume it's right.

THERAPIST
03-21-2016, 04:12 PM
It has nothing to do with settings. You need to ask a VIP or KSF member to upload the demo from the !demos menu.

ando.
03-21-2016, 10:12 PM
It has nothing to do with settings. You need to ask a VIP or KSF member to upload the demo from the !demos menu.

So when I type record 'demoname' then stop, it'll show up in the demos menu?

THERAPIST
03-21-2016, 10:40 PM
No. There's a sourcetv bot in the server (you can see it in the spectator list). It is constantly recording every single player online so you don't need to do anything. If you do something cool you can upload the demo after the fact. Demo's that aren't requested for upload expire after 3 days though unless they're WR demos.

The record command records your own client-side demo but for whatever reason the quality is utter garbage. Partly because it's an online server but it's still pretty shit when recording on LAN, which is why you need to use the sourcetv.

ando.
03-21-2016, 10:43 PM
No. There's a sourcetv bot in the server (you can see it in the spectator list). It is constantly recording every single player online so you don't need to do anything. If you do something cool you can upload the demo after the fact. Demo's that aren't requested for upload expire after 3 days though unless they're WR demos.

The record command records your own client-side demo but for whatever reason the quality is utter garbage. Partly because it's an online server but it's still pretty shit when recording on LAN, which is why you need to use the sourcetv.

And how do you upload the demo?

Silverthing
03-22-2016, 05:59 AM
Ask ur local VIP or admin