PDA

View Full Version : [Help] Choke lag on KSF servers "Attemped to precache unknown particle system "XXXX" error

Baguette
03-09-2016, 02:13 AM
Hi

I get huge lag every 1 or 2 min playing on KSF with a very fast internet speed (18ms ping) and a very good computer.

It's mostly choke that shows up on my netgraph which is define like this :

Choke is server lag. Choke basically means that your computer is sending your players position, and what he does (shoot, nade, knife) to the server, and its not getting there.

With the choke I also have a big increase in my ping for 1 sec.
Finally everytime I get this, an error shows up in my console, something like that :

Error: Material "materials/shadertest/camo_rendermode_2" uses unknown shader "Camo"
or

Attempting to create unknown particle system 'bomb_effect'
or

Attemped to precache unknown particle system "mech_trail"!
Attemped to precache unknown particle system "light_trail"!

So I checked my cache with steam, everything was fine.
So I deleted the game and manually got rid of every files left by steam and reinstalled it.
Still doesn't work, I don't have any mod installed btw.
I also tried to fix my rates as I read on some forums, I tried rate 30000 and rate 100000, didn't work.
I'm pretty sure it's just a file problem more than an internet problems (because of that console error). Also I tried to play on an other server and I didn't get this errors, it's only on KSF (europe or USA).

Help would be very much appreciated, cheers.

evolv
03-09-2016, 10:39 AM
Does this happen on a particular map or on all maps?

Baguette
03-09-2016, 11:57 AM
The lag happens on all map but I just realized with further experiments that those messages are not linked with this issue. Have a look at the netgraph right after a freeze, you can see a big spike on the left : http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/312244334269030250/E65B4065EBA52354CC15266DC8E2638A5955600B/