PDA

View Full Version : Admin Abuse | Lamar

ajporrasm
03-07-2016, 11:03 AM
This was it pretty much in its entirety. He just didn't like my name which I've always had. Obnoxious may be so but was intentional for streaming purposes when I had the time to do it. Still not grounds for a ban though

Sacred
03-07-2016, 11:09 AM
I've banned MrCow for having a name like "COWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW". This falls kinda under the same category of annoyance. Also, this doesn't look like it was all, since the chat starts with "last time", so it seems like he asked you to change it before.

ajporrasm
03-07-2016, 11:18 AM
That's true he did ask before it but I guess it would've been more accurate to say that this was mostly it as in the needed context. He asked me to change the name before but why should I change a name I've always had? That seems like an unjust request when the name is not offensive

That also seems like a slightly different scenario if people are changing their names for trolling purposes rather than me having a name that people recognize me for and I identify with for a long time

Spari
03-07-2016, 11:39 AM
he asked you at least 10 times to change and u kept ignoring him its like u asked him to ban u

and it was only a 10 min ban

ajporrasm
03-07-2016, 11:51 AM
he asked much less than 10 times but that is besides the point, the point is that I don't find this to be a appropriate use of gagging and banning. I said no and my name was not offensive so I didn't ignore the request. He also did a 10 minute ban then renewed it into a 30 minute ban (not sure why)

So he is going out of his way to renew my ban and I haven't checked if he did again since that

Sacred
03-07-2016, 12:10 PM
You're just being stubborn, if your name annoys others (and it does look annoying indeed) then change it and dont nag about if you get banned when you just choose to ignore it.

ajporrasm
03-07-2016, 08:22 PM
You're just being stubborn, if your name annoys others (and it does look annoying indeed) then change it and dont nag about if you get banned when you just choose to ignore it.

And if it is only actually bothering 1 person then all of a sudden you lose the freedom of speech in having a harmless name? This is beyond sad taking away the freedom of speech in a non-offensive name just because you ksf admins/mods don't like something silly. Good to know there's fascists in the ksf community, I can only hope that you two aren't a whole representation of the entire community or that is even worse

ajporrasm
03-07-2016, 08:29 PM
I've banned MrCow for having a name like "COWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW". This falls kinda under the same category of annoyance. Also, this doesn't look like it was all, since the chat starts with "last time", so it seems like he asked you to change it before.

Here's another good counter example: Do you ban the surfer Chaaaaaaaaaaad just because you don't like his name either? You can't actually make a name as long as you exaggerate it to be so this is another good point. Chaaaaaaaaaaad has had his name like this ever since I've known him (also for years) and he's a great surfer too. So you'd excuse someone banning him too just because you don't like his name? I've known him by this for years too and I'm sure he identifies with this name and would be upset too if you made him change his name

I'm sure if some admin in another server you wanted to spend time in asked you to change your name of sacred you'd be super willing too

Sacred
03-08-2016, 03:17 AM
Yea cause that's totally comparable. Jesus, just stop being so whiny and accept it. Cows name started with the chattag and filled two whole lines before even a word of what he said appeared. I don't need to justify myself here, all this shit isn't even worth a thread.

horsefeathers
03-08-2016, 11:33 AM
I don't like the idea that an admin can ban someone just because they don't like my name. Does the admin not realize that they can ignore it?

dexter
03-08-2016, 01:03 PM
who's Lamar?

Sacred
03-08-2016, 02:46 PM
who's Lamar?

THAT is probably the most important question here, I thought you guys know him.

Levi
03-08-2016, 03:53 PM
its a KSF Member aka Neph .

dexter
03-08-2016, 04:37 PM
thank you.

Synth
03-08-2016, 09:45 PM
I don't like the idea that an admin can ban someone just because they don't like my name. Does the admin not realize that they can ignore it?

My thoughts exactly

Mooster Cow
03-09-2016, 01:39 AM

dexter
03-09-2016, 04:46 AM
Pro tip: Don't annoy a KSF Member, it will not end well.

nephy
03-09-2016, 12:23 PM
I gave you plenty of warnings, that you failed to include in your copy/paste, you ignored it, I don't usually care about stupid names, but something as disgusting as that deserves to be changed. You were spamming the bonus over and over, fair enough to get a better pr but that's besides the point, I gave you more than enough warning, the ban was only 10 minutes I didn't change it to 30.

Stop crying, change your name to something not so disgusting to look at and I wont have a problem, when all I can see out the corner of my eye are black squares spamming the chat window I'm sure everyone will agree it's annoying.

Blink
03-10-2016, 05:58 AM
If you identify with the faggy black squares and you play a server where your name gets spammed in the chat when you complete map/bonus, it can not simply be ignored and you'd be dumb to think someone's not going to get annoyed by it. If you want to be a cunt and stick with the annoying name you should learn to live with the consequences.

dexter
03-10-2016, 08:22 AM
I must say that I completely agree with SacRed, Blink and Neph. Although it's a fairly complicated issue with good arguments on both sides.