PDA

View Full Version : [Question] Hello there :)

Shamatix
02-11-2016, 02:02 AM
Hello there fellow surfers,

I am Shamatix and I bought CSGO upon release eventho I didnt really play csat the time and I havnt really played cs since 1.5. I used to surf a map called surf_ski_2 if anyone remember, nothing like this skill surf:P Anywayas what I am trying to say is my csgo license got all dusty untill I found this server on the web the otherday. I would really like any tips on how tom improve and become better at surfing :) If Sensitivity, resolution and what not matters, like a beginners guide on settings for my game to be the most optimal for surfing:) Anyways great to see there is such a huge community build up around surfing.

Best regards Shamatix

dexter
02-11-2016, 04:22 AM
take a look at the KSF records youtube channel, that helps a shit ton.

other than that keep your sensitivity low, for spins use a turn bind. for example "bind c +left"

Shamatix
02-11-2016, 06:10 AM
other than that keep your sensitivity low, for spins use a turn bind. for example "bind c +left"

Specially this was one of the things I struggled with when I had low sense, I just couldnt understand how they could spin so easily:P Is it common people have both one for +left and +right I guess?

Nowlech
02-11-2016, 06:36 AM
Is it common people have both one for +left and +right I guess?

Most people only bind +left because there aren't many times where you will need a +right bind. I personally have one, but I know many people who only have the +left bound.

Synth
03-01-2016, 11:54 PM
I use +left like 70% more often than +right it seems. But they're both handy to have. It helps me not run out of mouse space and helps on spins and stuff. Although I prolly use turnbinds more often than I should lol. Sometimes if it's a spin-heavy map then I up my sens a lil and don't use turnbinds on anything other than spins. It's good to have but don't get too dependent on it.

Oh and you can change it with cl_yawspeed # in console. Default is 210 but I usually make it 180.

ando.
03-16-2016, 03:50 AM
Surf.

Surf a shit-ton, practice, play higher tier maps if you have to.
Use the KSFRecords YouTube channel to learn skips if you want to improve your times on maps.

Use as much of your mousepad as you can (if you use one..), experiment with a good sensitivity you're comfortable with and eventually keep taking it down a bit (from 1 to 0.8 or something etc..).

Spectate / watch other good surfers and see how they surf around the map, what keys they use and air-strafe etc.

And as others have said, use a +left bind (and +right if you want, I personally use both on my mouse4 & mouse5 keys).