PDA

View Full Version : surf_valpect download

iDarK
01-12-2016, 05:07 PM
Hello KSF,

Just a quick question. I'm one of the adminstrators over at UP (United-Players.com),

We host surf_valpect on our servers , but the version we host seems to be broken. (Flickering textures, black textures, random map load fails etc.)
I have been searching around.. but I cannot find a fresh or even lol "working" link to download the map.

Kalle told me valpect works on the servers you host, so I was hoping one of you guys could pinpoint me towards a working link.. or possibly even re-upload it somewhere so I can replace the broken one we have.

Thanks in advance for answering!

Cheers,
Dark

dexter
01-12-2016, 05:26 PM
just surf on KSF bruv our servers are well good (^̮^)

CRASH FORT
01-12-2016, 09:10 PM
I more wonder where you got that version because I only ever supplied it to KSF.
I gave 1 special version to another person but it doesn't have any of those issues still.

iDarK
01-13-2016, 12:35 AM
Heya CRASH,

Ohh okay. I had no idea. I assumed a public download was up.

But anyone who played the map even once on KSF has it download in his personal mapcycle to upload. Likely our Global admin uploaded that and that is probably where the bugs and texture issues come from.

Is there a possibility we can get in contact off the forums?
We really love the map and we would really like to play it within our own community. If there is no chance at all, I thank you for reading this and consider the topic closed then..

Cheers,

Sacred
01-13-2016, 06:57 AM
You're probably using the same version as we are, and since nothing of this is server related it should work just as well. We are talking about CS:S and not CS:GO, right?

iDarK
01-13-2016, 07:28 AM
Oh lol, I had put this thread on CS:S by accident..
We host CS:GO , so its about the CS:GO version.

Sacred
01-13-2016, 08:37 AM
You have to filter some stuff out in order to get rid of the black boxes/textures, at least that's what I did.

iDarK
01-13-2016, 09:04 AM
You have to filter some stuff out in order to get rid of the black boxes/textures, at least that's what I did.

Ah okay. Can you pinpoint me what to adjust? Thanks for responding, appriciated.

Sacred
01-13-2016, 09:08 AM
Particles and/or smokevolumes are the problem iirc. Just decompile it and check what you find in those areas with the black stuff.