PDA

View Full Version : Point System Help

Goldace
01-08-2016, 05:15 PM
Hello all! I am very new to ksf, but have surfed on Newb Surf, Slayers Trade. The point system on that server worked like sew: You get points based on rank and time from map completion. You do NOT receive points from completing individual stages. I have heard a few players talk about "group B" or "group A" and I have no idea what they are talking about or how the point system works on this server so if someone could please help me out here I would greatly appreciate it!!!

Rainbowwwww
01-08-2016, 07:10 PM
If you type "!mi" you will see the groups..

> http://ksfclan.com/commands/

Group points are for map completion, you get into a group based on the completion time. You get the amount of point prescribe to that group. Lets say you get a good time and get into Group A but another surfer gets a better time than you there is a chance you will be kicked to Group B. Thus you will lose the points attributed to the Group A.

You can get points on maps where there is individual stages (aka stage maps) but you will not get points for individual checkpoints when it comes to Linear maps.

Stage maps also gives you the opportunity to gain more points if you manage to get a WRCP (World Record for the Stage), but just like the group thing if someone beats it then you will lose the points.

This system ensure there is actual competition and not just endless point hoarding.

Goldace
01-08-2016, 08:56 PM
Thank you so much Rainbow! I never knew about that ingame command. Very helpful!

angeliasmith
02-22-2016, 02:09 AM
Thanks, useful!!!