PDA

View Full Version : [Poll] Proposal for KSF Client

stratex5
03-10-2015, 11:09 PM
I feel like the community needs a client where the latest stats on servers can be displayed, maybe a potential forum crawler for this forum and some form of IRC chat bot.

This would just make the transition between CS:S and CS:GO a little smoother and it shouldn't require too much work.
It's purely a suggestion so feel free to bash this or give suggestions to maybe how this could be worked.

Thanks,
stratex

Mooster Cow
03-11-2015, 08:21 PM
csgo is gay

Spari
03-11-2015, 10:10 PM
i voted i really dont care but i meant yes

Crayz
03-12-2015, 01:28 AM
csgo is gay

Mr. Salted Milk envies CS:GO because he's shit at it.

With that said, a KSF client software would be cool. Being able to pop it open from the tray and check out latest records/tops, my lost tops, maps to complete, and quick connect buttons and whatnot would be pretty handy.

Not sure if its worth the investment though. If somebody developed it just for the heck of it why not, KSF would have to entrust the developer with sensitive info so there would need to be a level of trust/professionalism I guess.

mono
03-12-2015, 12:03 PM
With that said, a KSF client software would be cool. Being able to pop it open from the tray and check out latest records/tops, my lost tops, maps to complete, and quick connect buttons and whatnot would be pretty handy.

Not sure if its worth the investment though.

If we get a SurfTimer HTTP API up and running (http://ksfclan.com/forum/showthread.php?4074-Web-Based-Timer-Statistics), it would be easily doable.

A web-based client would be best, though.

stratex5
03-12-2015, 12:38 PM
The problem with a souly web based client is that there aren't many ways of getting notifications to your desktop about information you may want to see.

If the HTTP API does become produced that would make the life of the programmer to make some desktop client easily. It seems like just one less step to get into your game quicker.

mono
03-12-2015, 06:39 PM
The problem with a souly web based client is that there aren't many ways of getting notifications to your desktop about information you may want to see.

Not true.

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/Notification/Using_Web_Notifications

Works in both Chrome and Firefox.

Crayz
03-12-2015, 07:03 PM
Not true.

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/Notification/Using_Web_Notifications

Works in both Chrome and Firefox.

Not sure about anybody else but I'm not a big fan of leaving a tab open in my web browser all day. A web interface would only be good for checking every once in a while, which isn't a bad thing either I suppose. Not too keen on browser notifications either

mbsurfer
03-13-2015, 07:37 AM
You could easily hook in Twitter API to tweet out when a world record gets broken. Whoever wants updates can follow the Twitter account.

nemix
03-13-2015, 08:08 AM
You could easily hook in Twitter API to tweet out when a world record gets broken. Whoever wants updates can follow the Twitter account.

They had that before

They call me queer
03-13-2015, 08:00 PM
https://twitter.com/surftimer

stratex5
03-13-2015, 09:34 PM
Maybe if they could get this going again id try work on making a windows client.

mono
03-14-2015, 02:39 PM
Maybe if they could get this going again id try work on making a windows client.

...or you could just use TweetDeck.

stratex5
03-14-2015, 05:39 PM
...or you could just use TweetDeck.

I'm not exactly sure what TweetDeck is but a quick google search didnt show me how this could be used. It would be great if you could explain to me what it does?

Thanks,
Stratex

mbsurfer
03-15-2015, 06:59 PM
A Twiiter client. Making a KSF specific client is a bit... overkill.

stratex5
03-16-2015, 01:35 AM
A Twiiter client. Making a KSF specific client is a bit... overkill.

I guess it would be, but I would definitely use it for connecting to KSF servers.

Juxtapo
03-16-2015, 01:40 AM
how about someone just makes WEB STATS?!?!!?

It could do literally everything a client would do.

stratex5
03-16-2015, 02:38 AM
how about someone just makes WEB STATS?!?!!?

It could do literally everything a client would do.

Someone should try get the guy who was working on it to create a private BitBucket Repo that the community could work on.