PDA

View Full Version : Beginner Server

47'c/sZ^ Hydro Hydra
09-14-2014, 01:10 PM
Hello everyone, my idea is that KSF can create a new beginners server where there are only Tier 1 and 2 maps. Since we have an expert server for veteran surfers who will prefer to surf in more advanced and hard maps, beginner surfers who go on the normal servers may tend to find the maps to hard and will only surf when the maps are easy. I think it is important to have a beginner server with easy maps to promote surfing and help starters become better and better until they can join the normal servers, and they will find that they can actually surf on harder and intermediate maps thanks to their training on the beginner server. The beginner server's goal is to assist starters and teach them the basics until they will be skilled enough to play on some tougher maps.

Synth
10-05-2014, 01:52 PM
I don't think this is a good idea at all.
In case you didn't know... on the expert sever it's not like we only play hard maps. The only difference is we sometimes spend a few hours on some maps for wrs and such. If we made a new server, it would be better just to have a new server instead of limiting it to just t1-t2 maps.
And although I would LOVE to move all rookies to another server, that would be completely retarded and not helpful to them at all.
Sorry this is just a bad idea ;/

Krazy
10-05-2014, 04:00 PM
On one hand, it could be a cancer containment server by disposing of all the rookies. Even though it's a nice thought, it's not going to fully work, and is just adding another server that will not give anyone the opportunity to play any t3+ maps that they want to play. It's not a good idea.

They call me queer
10-05-2014, 05:11 PM
It's a valid point. I think the best solution would be to favor t1-3 maps on the randomized vote unless something is nominated.