PDA

View Full Version : Rookie voting.

Falc
02-10-2014, 04:58 PM
This might sound really dull, but a suggestion is a suggestion
But i do think removing rookie voting is a good thing, because;
as i see there's a rise in new people coming to KSF every day
the majority does not know what to vote for or what to do or about the tier system

For example,
you're on a map you want to beat, lets say surf_sandman_v5
Now some people enjoy surfing this map and want to PR it or compete on it, on the non-expert servers this can be a real dealbreaker
because the new people have no idea what to do and when there is a vote they just mostly press 1 because they think it's gonna be an easier map

i think this suggestion should be taken in consideration, because you cant always rely on the expert server,(or the other server if you're not expert yet)
because its mostly used for world record runs.
Some people might be against this, but i think the majority of the people think this would be a good idea.

EDIT - in my opinion this would also get the less played maps more played

Panzerhandschuh
02-10-2014, 05:07 PM
Either make rookies have a lower weight on the vote or the opposite for higher ranking players.

Elias
02-10-2014, 05:09 PM
i totaly agree

Falc
02-10-2014, 05:14 PM
Either make rookies have a lower weight on the vote or the opposite for higher ranking players.

This does make more sense, as it wont piss off the new players, and it would make the voting better

Cthulu V2
02-10-2014, 05:24 PM
You could do this, You could remove the tier on the map vote screen, or because the majority of players can't join expert, you could also turn euro into say, and experienced+ server.

Jay
02-11-2014, 01:38 PM
very stupid

Charles
02-12-2014, 06:47 AM
very stupid
Would you care to elaborate?

I think it's a great idea!

Cthulu V2
02-12-2014, 03:56 PM
very stupid
Would you care to elaborate?

I think it's a great idea!
ban

Synth
08-10-2014, 07:18 PM
This needs to happen

Krazy
08-16-2014, 04:42 AM
I support this 100%. As nice as some rookies may be, a lot of them obnoxiously vote for only Tier 1/2 maps, and when some of the more skilled surfers try to beat a map that's challenging, rookies will refuse to extend it.

Rookies should be able to have fun on the server, but they shouldn't be able to ruin everyone else's fun. Those that have spent hundreds (perhaps thousands) of hours on KSF (or donated) should have more voting power than those who have not. I say it would be best if rookie voting privileges are either revoked, or if experienced surfers (beginner+) have more voting power than rookies. An example would be where a non-rookie's vote will contribute 1 vote, where a rookie's choice will only add 0.5 votes to the selection.

This isn't a need though, just a suggestion to improve the overall quality of the gameplay.

Spari
08-16-2014, 06:00 AM
You could open a t1 t3 server and a t3 t6 server for exceptionnal + as Cthulu said

They call me queer
08-16-2014, 05:00 PM
Just make it omnific 24/7.

Such an obvious solution.

CHECK EM
08-16-2014, 06:51 PM
Just make it omnific 24/7.

Such an obvious solution.

it's so obvious... how didn't i think of it before

Synth
11-04-2014, 01:55 PM
Srsly why are they still allowed to vote