Unban request -

Name being used on the server at the time: drakuly

Time you were banned: around 2:30 pst on friday 2/7

Number of people on the server at the time: more than 30, not sure exactly

Admins online(afk or not): a few VIP's, deadeye, couldn't say who else

Which admin do you think banned you: deadeye

Why you think you were banned: glitch boosting s4 on airflow

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:15098483

I did glitch boost, I understand I made a mistake and it won't happen again.
I wasn't trying to earn a WRCP or anything like that, spar and a few other people wanted to see how to do it so I showed them. I didn't realize I couldn't show anybody if I knew.
I have no quarrels and I respect deadeye's decision to ban me, and I can promise I will stay straight from this point on. I understand that you are all simply trying to keep the server as glitchless as possible, no complaints from me :)

EDIT: Chipzy and Skandy have both previously been banned because of glitching boosts, and unbanned afterwards because they did not know it was bannable. This is exactly my case. If they were unbanned, I should be as well.

Cthulu V2
02-07-2014, 05:01 PM
Unban request -

Name being used on the server at the time: drakuly

Time you were banned: around 2:30 pst on friday 2/7

Number of people on the server at the time: more than 30, not sure exactly

Admins online(afk or not): a few VIP's, deadeye, couldn't say who else

Which admin do you think banned you: deadeye

Why you think you were banned: glitch boosting s4 on airflow

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:15098483

I did glitch boost, I understand I made a mistake and it won't happen again.
I wasn't trying to earn a WRCP or anything like that, spar and a few other people wanted to see how to do it so I showed them. I didn't realize I couldn't show anybody if I knew.
I have no quarrels and I respect deadeye's decision to ban me, and I can promise I will stay straight from this point on. I understand that you are all simply trying to keep the server as glitchless as possible, no complaints from me :)

Lol this is fairly funny. Wrcp uses that glitch boost, WR uses that glitch boost (unless i'm misinformed) and over at least 25 pr's have used that glitch boost... Deadeyes decision to ban you is rather silly.

.:Deadeye:.
02-07-2014, 05:55 PM
this is the first time anyone has told me someone was glitching this boost and provided me with a demo as proof, i cant be in the server all the time to catch everyone so i have to go by player reports sometime

Crouchboosting / glitching (i.e. side ways boosting a trigger, enter and exit a trigger quickly from the side/top/bottom thereby achieving a strong double boost) is a bannable offense EXCEPT on the following maps:
surf_akai_final
surf_anthropomorphic
surf_awp_sk337
surf_freedom
surf_impact
surf_odyssey
surf_kawaii
surf_ragequit
surf_s_t_a_t_i_o_n
surf_sky_ages
surf_x

airflow is not on that list so this is a bannable offense its as simple as that, if u have demos of other ppl doing the glitch boost feel free to send them to me, i would be happy to ban them.

Falc
02-07-2014, 05:57 PM
Though the ban reason is valid(crouchboosting is not allowed)
What cthulu says is right, I've been in spectate mode that map, just cycling through and i've seen multiple people do this aswell with no punishment

Falc

dinosower
02-07-2014, 06:04 PM
I understand the reason was valid, but I wasn't attempting the wrcp, either. I simply was showing somebody who asked how it was done. I honestly was just fucking around. I'm not justifying my actions, they were still against the rules.
But in all fairness, while I understand why I was banned, I was given no warning to stop, either. I was simply told to rejoin, and when I tried I couldn't due to the ban.
I don't constantly cheat stages and that's probably the only glitch that I know of. I asked qr to show me the wrcp a while ago when I saw him doing it.

edit: I'm not applying for an unban because I think the ban was wrong, I am applying because I meant no harm by my offense and it won't happen again. I was hoping that you guys would see this as reasonable :)

Cthulu V2
02-07-2014, 07:24 PM
Deadeye, yes it's against the rules, but just think about it. It will make literally no difference. Hundreds of people have at least tried the glitch before, and if you're going to ban him for doing something he seemingly didn't know was wrong with no malicious intent, why not ban qr for glitching the wrcp? Hell why not just go through the !mtop for s4 and ban everyone with a time using the boost.

You would lose a lot of the high ranking players on the server. I'm sure if you saw someone you knew, and liked, doing this glitch, you'd give them a warning. Not an immediately ban.

Nobody has been even remotely harmed by this bug, and like i said earlier, yes this is against the rules, but it doesn't matter.

When chipzy did something that was against the rules for his own personal gain, he got unbanned just a few days after with no punishment, or even a revolk of his world record. Why is it right to ban someone for unintentionally breaking a rule in which no harm is done?

Anonymous?
02-07-2014, 09:00 PM
All I can say to this is surf_imex... if he doesn't get unbanned I call bullshit there

Its exactly like surf_imex, it needs a fix and th fix hasn't been applied yet

So this is the head-admin's fault since they aren't fixing the map when it is needed. We wouldn't be there to talk about this right now

02-07-2014, 09:23 PM
there are 3 ppl that can fix maps and delete times and im not one of them, i have to use the report system like all of u, i have absolutely no problem unbanning you but understand that if ppl send me demos of ppl glitch boosting maps not in that list its my job to ban them thats all. I will unban you the next time i launch up counter strike

Anonymous?
02-07-2014, 09:27 PM
there are 3 ppl that can fix maps and delete times and im not one of them, i have to use the report system like all of u, i have absolutely no problem unbanning you but understand that if ppl send me demos of ppl glitch boosting maps not in that list its my job to ban them thats all. I will unban you the next time i launch up counter strike

Thats understandable but you should've warned him first, but thats my opinion

I honestly think you did the right choice but i still think a warning would made him change his way on the stage

And if he keeps doing it (with proofs, etc) then the ban is justified.

They call me queer
02-07-2014, 09:44 PM
Is he banned for using the boost the way I did?

If so, that's just stupid.

Nyastle
02-08-2014, 02:37 AM
qr4ban

dinosower
02-08-2014, 03:33 AM
i'm still not unbanned, just wanted to remind you :^)

Falc
02-08-2014, 07:14 AM
[quote=".:Deadeye:.":28h9uvzn]there are 3 ppl that can fix maps and delete times and im not one of them, i have to use the report system like all of u, i have absolutely no problem unbanning you but understand that if ppl send me demos of ppl glitch boosting maps not in that list its my job to ban them thats all. I will unban you the next time i launch up counter strike

Thats understandable but you should've warned him first, but thats my opinion

I honestly think you did the right choice but i still think a warning would made him change his way on the stage

And if he keeps doing it (with proofs, etc) then the ban is justified.[/quote:28h9uvzn]

this is just like the surf_imex ban.,
a lot of people know about it, use it, Yet it hasnt been fixed/reported
I seem to know that "Chipzy" is making a list for all the maps that need to be fixed and give that to evolv, so i suppose we could tell him to add this stage/map to it.

02-08-2014, 10:32 AM
you should be unbanned now, sorry for the delay

evolv
02-08-2014, 11:35 AM
Unbanned.

They call me queer
02-08-2014, 04:06 PM
qr4ban
#noparents #norules

Sacred
02-09-2014, 02:19 AM
this is just like the surf_imex ban.,
a lot of people know about it, use it, Yet it hasnt been fixed/reported
I seem to know that "Chipzy" is making a list for all the maps that need to be fixed and give that to evolv, so i suppose we could tell him to add this stage/map to it.

This list already exists but have fun, chipzy. :P