PDA

View Full Version : WRCP On surf_jenocide

doughboy
04-23-2013, 03:42 PM
So last night while surfing on the US server. I found a interesting bhop in stage 1 on surf_jenocide. After 30 minutes of failing I was finally able to get a wrcp -.01 against yamaans wrcp. I said ok since I got first I'll try to do the bhop now. Well I did it and got a 5.89 time on stage 1 and got wrcp 1 again. Naturally everyone seeing a casual beat yamaans wrcp by .9 seconds they asked questions and started to say I cheated. In fear of getting banned I showed hesko and John how to do what I did. After 20 minutes Mario beat my time, followed by skeetah and hesko and mario beat him again. I log on to see if it's still there and it was reset. Why? Is bhoping for wrcp not allowed?

unt0uch4bl3
04-24-2013, 01:34 AM
Surf_jenocide was originally reset and fixed to prevent double boosts. The intention was to prevent annoying repetative actions, that are not related to your surfing skills, which have to be done perfectly to even attempt the WR. In the process the strength of the boost was increased, further than the mapper designed. In the process a new shortcut was discovered, which was the bunnyhop you are talking about. Since this would not have been possible with the normal stage mechanics and was unintentionally introduced, the bhop was fixed. The stage times were reset once more.

doughboy
04-24-2013, 10:41 AM
*sniff*

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m87al880gv1rzjlc4o1_500.gif

They call me queer
04-24-2013, 07:38 PM
Was the new boost stronger than a double boost? Would the bhop have been possible with a double?

unt0uch4bl3
04-24-2013, 09:38 PM
No idea...

Sacred
04-25-2013, 04:12 AM
It's much stronger than anything you could get before. The bhop sc was not possible before.

doughboy
04-25-2013, 05:30 PM
It's much stronger than anything you could get before. The bhop sc was not possible before.

The sc I'm talking about is you would jump the stairs, jump while on the boost, barely hit the first ramp, skip the 2nd and 3rd and hit that platform in the way. It shaved off a lot of time before unt0uch changed it. It was possible but very very difficult. Mario had a 4 second time on it before unt0uch changed it. It's still possible to get under 6 seconds but it's VERY difficult. Qr got a 6:04 last night or something along those lines.

Also unt0uch, if you go very fast, don't jump but hit the platform there is still a TINY hop from it, but I don't think you can make it. I hit it a couple of times last night on accident. Right side of the platform, very tip of it.

They call me queer
04-25-2013, 11:35 PM
I didn't use a bhop on the platform.

Sacred
04-26-2013, 04:27 AM
There's no need to discuss this. The shortcut was not there before and was not intended. Marios time was probably lagged anyways, he seems to do that more than just once. The bhop was dumb and annoying, therefore it's not allowed anymore.