View Full Version : Banned for timescaling

AriesCaries
08-26-2012, 09:11 PM
Name being used on the server at the time: Avocado

Time you were banned: don't know

Number of people on the server at the time: No idea

Admins online(afk or not): not afk

Which admin do you think banned you: evolv

Why you think you were banned: I was torrenting while running CSS and out of nowhere I got the WR on surf_lt_omnific stage 1. I was banned for timescaling. I didn't intentionally timescale the world record. It just happened that way because of the torrent.

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:29925609

I want the record removed considering it was (unintentionally) timescaled. I'll make sure not to torrent anymore while surfing.

Explizit
08-27-2012, 06:31 AM
That's not what it looked like in the demo. You were surfing the whole stage with no lag whatsoever when all of a sudden you just shot into the end.

THERAPIST
08-27-2012, 07:25 AM
aaaaaand torrenting would not make that happen.

gg

joseph
08-27-2012, 08:14 AM
http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i477/zhowzurfer/goodgame.jpg

AriesCaries
08-27-2012, 02:31 PM
"That's not what it looked like in the demo. You were surfing the whole stage with no lag whatsoever when all of a sudden you just shot into the end."
"aaaaaand torrenting would not make that happen."

Seeding a torrent can cause intermittent lag spikes.

Explizit
08-27-2012, 03:13 PM

Torrenting can indeed do that (on the rare occasion) but you would still be lagging the whole time while surfing, not no lag at all then all of a sudden BOOM, massive super lag.

AriesCaries
08-27-2012, 03:35 PM

Torrenting can indeed do that (on the rare occasion) but you would still be lagging the whole time while surfing, not no lag at all then all of a sudden BOOM, massive super lag.

If you look at the demo closely you can see I was lagging heavily prior to breaking the world record. My lag had simply spiked through the tunnel. I'll gladly provide any proof I can to convince you that this was an unintentional timescale.

Demo: http://www9.zippyshare.com/v/74221974/file.html

They call me queer
08-27-2012, 08:43 PM
I'll gladly provide any proof I can to convince you that this was timescale.
Admitted.

Explizit
08-28-2012, 09:18 AM
Well there's nothing I can do about it now so you should go take this up with evolv.