PDA

View Full Version : Removing Moving Entities

Explizit
07-20-2012, 08:07 PM
So, was on the server and someone got killed by one of those spinning things on superhappiest.

Basically my suggestion is could you please remove all moving entities from maps such as the above. Another example would be those doors on apollonian, last stage of timewarp etc...

Tioga060
07-24-2012, 05:18 PM
I'm all for removing aesthetics that inhibit one's ability to surf the map (ie the apollonian doors which were already removed a couple of weeks ago), but why remove something that is an element of the maps surf. That's like arguing to remove all headblockers from maps, it's a surf element like anything else.

Although your timing can make or break a record when going through moving objects, faj never intended people to speedrun through superhappiest when he made it, he intended to have a difficult map with a satisfying ending, and I don't believe in heavily altering the mapper's vision for the sake of a few people's record times.

But that's just like, my opinion, man.

Explizit
07-24-2012, 08:27 PM
I'm all for removing aesthetics that inhibit one's ability to surf the map (ie the apollonian doors which were already removed a couple of weeks ago), but why remove something that is an element of the maps surf. That's like arguing to remove all headblockers from maps, it's a surf element like anything else.

Although your timing can make or break a record when going through moving objects, faj never intended people to speedrun through superhappiest when he made it, he intended to have a difficult map with a satisfying ending, and I don't believe in heavily altering the mapper's vision for the sake of a few people's record times.

But that's just like, my opinion, man.

Hm actually thats a great point. Didn't really think of it like that.

Okay scrap my idea then.

T!cK
07-28-2012, 01:55 PM
we should still remove stuff that can be abused though, eg the door at the end of 3 on platinium

RambJoe
07-29-2012, 01:47 PM
The doors should be removed on maps like kalium and redemption.

evolv
08-01-2012, 09:01 AM
We try to remove most useless entities, can't get them all :P