PDA

View Full Version : multiple accounts

checkem
03-21-2012, 11:49 AM
today in the ksf server I brought it up that it's more of an advantage to have two accounts than to have 1, everyone disagrees but I don't understand why? here's my reasoning

say Sinsa has a rank 1 on a map that gives maybe 100 points (hypothetically)
then lets say habitat has rank 2 on that map that gives 80 points, and spot 3 gives 50.

if sinsa had another account and took spot 2 as well as retaining spot one on that map, habitat would lose 30 points for going down to rank 3, because he was beaten by the same person just on another account. this takes away a lot of points from habitat and sinsa's main account doesn't lose any points, but it makes the point gap much larger than it should be from sinsas rank to habitats.

the only reason I brought it up was because niyhm had two top 10 spots on surf_sc_essence_v2. if he had one account only his top time would be there and spot 11 would become spot 10 and he would get points for top. now the player at spot 11 on that map is at a point disadvantage because niyhm had/has two accounts.

this doesn't seem like a huge problem, but if it were to happen enough a lot of players would be missing points they should have gotten.

.:Deadeye:.
03-21-2012, 02:07 PM
you can also use hacks and still have a fallback if you get vac'd

Jay
03-22-2012, 10:52 AM
you can also use hacks and still have a fallback if you get vac'd
perfect for you

.:Deadeye:.
03-22-2012, 02:42 PM
perfect for youhttp://images.starcraftmazter.net/4chan/for_forums/thats_the_joke.jpg

vsx32
03-22-2012, 03:19 PM
You're only skilled, what should it matter to you.

T!cK
03-22-2012, 06:58 PM
You can have multiple accounts as long as it isn't used with malicious intent.

checkem
03-23-2012, 09:10 AM
surf_torque2 he also has two tops..

evolv
03-23-2012, 09:31 AM
What I don't want is extremely skilled surfers breaking multiple records on more than one account. This will make it harder for less advanced surfer to break records.

checkem
03-24-2012, 09:21 AM
What I don't want is extremely skilled surfers breaking multiple records on more than one account. This will make it harder for less advanced surfer to break records.

that is whats happening with niyhms two accounts, he apparently has 2 top 10s on multiple maps. maybe you could merge the times on both accounts