PDA

View Full Version : !specpause

Chefla
02-27-2012, 06:50 AM
So the idea is that you could pause your timer (y, i got that from the other post, and thats how i came up with this idea) and go to spec if you need assistance with a level (and someone can show it to you while you are spec), the command could be like !specpause or something. And then you can continue from the stage you were already on with the time you had (!continue or something). Ofcourse most of the maps are on youtube, but still, people do alot of speccing others for tips and atleast i find it really irritating that i have to complete all the stages i already did just because i dont know how to finish a level and need tips -> spec -> my whole effort on finishing a map goes flushing down the toilet :D

I bet this is hard to code so that it would work fine, but i think it would be nice addition to the servers.

What do you think?

RambJoe
02-27-2012, 01:33 PM
You should never be able to pause your time.

Chefla
02-27-2012, 03:20 PM
You should never be able to pause your time.
How so? If you've gotta idle for a lil bit (and you are trying to get a decent time) for an example just cause you've gotta go open the door, it'd be nice that you wouldn't be forced to fail getting a good time just cause of that. And the pause could work so that you would spawn in the start of the stage you are in.

.:Deadeye:.
02-28-2012, 07:46 AM
the Europeans would find a way to exploit the command to make wrcps and bonus records even more of a joke then they are now

Chefla
02-28-2012, 07:50 AM
the Europeans would find a way to exploit the command to make wrcps and bonus records even more of a joke then they are now
Yea, that was one thing i was thinking about, but that can be avoided by coding this thing well :)

THERAPIST
02-28-2012, 08:14 AM
alright man you code it for us and we'll go from there

Chefla
02-28-2012, 10:15 AM
If i'd be able to do that i wouldn't suggest it here like this, i'd present it :) But i dont have any coding skills, but i bet there is someone on these forums who has the required coding skills :)

RambJoe
02-28-2012, 05:13 PM
wud be cool, then i could beat fruits in 70 mins and beat it in 2 mins at the same, omg!

Trance^
03-05-2012, 04:11 AM
wud be cool, then i could beat fruits in 70 mins and beat it in 2 mins at the same, omg!
+1