PDA

View Full Version : Artwork on GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program)

shaker
09-06-2010, 02:31 PM
http://s974.photobucket.com/albums/ae22 ... on%20GIMP/ (http://s974.photobucket.com/albums/ae227/TargetPractice67/Artwork%20on%20GIMP/)

Just a few pics i made when i was bored :geek:

bravesurf
09-06-2010, 02:39 PM
why don't you use photoshop?

shaker
09-07-2010, 11:42 AM
I used to think photoshop wasn't free so i tried looking for alternatives and found GIMP then i realised its actually easier to work with after trying out photoshop aswell lol my college uses it so it can't be that bad :)

tilt
09-10-2010, 02:25 AM
That's some really nice stuff turbn, but what's explizit doing in there?

dejavu
09-10-2010, 06:22 AM
Woah man, do you think you could make a cool one of my name to use as a signature please? <3<3<3

.#d3jaVu^

Explizit
09-10-2010, 09:54 AM
Awww coool, The one with my name looks awesome. Thanks man <3

shaker
09-10-2010, 10:08 AM
Woah man, do you think you could make a cool one of my name to use as a signature please? <3<3<3

.#d3jaVu^

Hey mate i made you one, let me know if theres anythin you want changed ;)

http://i974.photobucket.com/albums/ae227/TargetPractice67/Dejavu.gif

And i made explizits a while ago just because his name is a good word to use lol

bravesurf
09-10-2010, 01:57 PM

.#d3jaVu^

Hey mate i made you one, let me know if theres anythin you want changed ;)

http://i974.photobucket.com/albums/ae227/TargetPractice67/Dejavu.gif

And i made explizits a while ago just because his name is a good word to use lol
bit big for a sigg don't you think?

shaker
09-10-2010, 02:37 PM
bit big for a sigg don't you think?

lol I am aware :P but the one i made explizit was that size and i did say i would make changes so if he wants it as his sig then he can just ask and i will resize it :mrgreen:

Explizit
09-10-2010, 07:04 PM
You did? Oh nice thanks man.

dejavu
09-12-2010, 12:03 PM
Ha, looks great man but yeah could I get it signature size please?

Thanks baaaaaby! <3

shaker
09-12-2010, 12:59 PM
Here it is mate, add me on steam because i will never be on this fourm much :roll:

bravesurf
09-12-2010, 07:01 PM
i lold

shaker
09-13-2010, 07:19 AM
Why lol is it still too big? :lol:

T!cK
09-13-2010, 08:30 AM
ROFL yes dumbass try 300x100 or 400x150

Explizit
09-13-2010, 09:15 AM
Thats a mean thing to say tick, Especially to porkchop <3

shaker
09-13-2010, 09:27 AM
better? lol now its all grainy :x if you want me to fix it dej just ask :L cause now it looks blurry and shitzle x

bravesurf
09-13-2010, 09:49 AM
Why lol is it still too big? :lol:
the thread, the pic, the size, the statement of it being a sigg..
all result in "lol".
have you concidered reading a couple of tutorials?

dejavu
09-13-2010, 01:29 PM
lol true say, its not sig size but it'll do me, thanks br0 =D

edit: but if you maybe wanted to half the height one more time I would be oh so grateful :p don't care if its not the quality of the original, mwah

shaker
09-14-2010, 02:55 AM
the thread, the pic, the size, the statement of it being a sigg..
all result in "lol".
have you concidered reading a couple of tutorials?

I don't need a tutorial, ok the first one was a little big but i was just making sure he liked it :roll: and look at Phenoms sig, its way bigger than the one i made so i don't think there is a specific size so stop making me out to be a retard :lol: but ye dej i will squash it down a bit and try sharpen up the image then post it back on here later because right now im in college :P

bravesurf
09-14-2010, 03:36 AM
I don't need a tutorial, ok the first one was a little big but i was just making sure he liked it :roll: and look at Phenoms sig, its way bigger than the one i made so i don't think there is a specific size so stop making me out to be a retard :lol: but ye dej i will squash it down a bit and try sharpen up the image then post it back on here later because right now im in college :P
imo, you need tutorials.
not trying to make you look like a retard. Just suggesting ways for you to improve your work, and choosing the correct size is usually a good place to start. But, if you wanna do the whole lone wolf "i dont need help from experienced people, i can do this shit myself" act, go ahead. Just remember that trying to counterattack all forms of critique won't get you anywhere.

shaker
09-15-2010, 01:42 AM
The only thing i got wrong was the dimensions brave, i do not need a tutorial.
Didn't you have anything to say about phenoms? there are all different shapes and sizes its a preference not a specific size dude.

bravesurf
09-15-2010, 02:56 AM
The only thing i got wrong was the dimensions brave, i do not need a tutorial.
Didn't you have anything to say about phenoms? there are all different shapes and sizes its a preference not a specific size dude.
I think phenom's sigg is a bit too large too. And what does his sigg have to do with anything? Everyone obviously dont have the same size and dimensions, but that doesn't mean there aren't sizes that are better suited for the purpose of being a sigg than others. And if you really wanna go there, you could need some tutorials on your general work aswell, those images are really not all that special. Just looks like a compilation of brushes and random colors made in like 5 minutes. And the font is extremely boring and looks way too stock. Also, putting the text in the middle is a bad idea, since it's commonly known as the "dead center". It's one of the first things people learn @ art/graphics school. It's like the rock bottom fundament of image composition.
Here, read up on this: Rule of thirds. (http://www.diyphotography.net/techniques/picture-composition-the-rule-of-thirds-or-golden-ratio)
If you don't wanna learn, what is the reason for posting your shitty pics anyway. Take the suggestions and critique and try to learn from it.
I hate it when people think they know it all. It's really annoying for us that actually do.
im just sayin.

shaker
09-15-2010, 11:58 AM
I didn't ask for anyones opinion or advice, and i dont know what you mean by 'stock' because the brushes and the fonts were downloaded from a website, and yes each did only take me about 5-10 minutes, doesn't mean it sucks becuase i didn't put heart and soul into it :shock: and ok, i agree with you about centering the text but i had litterally just downloaded the software that same day, theres only so much i can do being the 'amature' that i am, but, i'll know for next time thanks.

shaker
09-15-2010, 02:29 PM
How about these? I did the stupid thing and left the background colour until the end on the first one but filling the spaces with colour gave it a wierd effect :roll: :lol:

Tell me what you think on these ones dej and anyone else?

dejavu
09-16-2010, 10:47 AM
ohshi-- thats a much better size :D
I'll be using the second one since I love blue & yellow together, cheers br0 !

shaker
09-16-2010, 02:27 PM
Here Mystician ;) I can make a better one if you want, im in need of more brushes anyway so give me a shout if you have any ideas mate, and anyone else :)

Explizit
09-16-2010, 02:30 PM
Dats awesome thanks man