PDA

View Full Version : Ksf members please read before using this board

evolv
04-15-2010, 11:06 PM
Recently there has been an influx of members which is making the community and clan more chaotic. I would just like to provide a couple guidelines before you decide to accept someone.

The clan is now pretty large and has a wide variety of skilled players. When you decide to give an acceptance to a player application please make sure this player meets certain qualifications.

KSF is only looking for the most skilled surfers and want people with a talent for surfing.
Reasons like "This player is a nice guy or I have been friends with him for awhile" will not be valid reason's for accepting a player. Although we are mainly looking for skilled surfers, if an applicant is extremely active within teamspeak, the forums, and is well known by the entire community or has an amazing personality, this may sometimes suffice.

We are looking for members who will benefit the entire clan and community with skills or talent in surfing and possibly other areas which may include graphic design, programming, marketing, server management, clan management, ect.

Please then provide an explanation of why you feel this member deserves to join the KSF clan.

Please remember this before you say yes to someone applying. If higher ranked members of KSF feel a player's application does not meet the requirements they may terminate the application with evolv or untouchables approval.

aImZ
04-15-2010, 11:41 PM
(i got a slight idea why this is happening now...)

But u got my full approval for this!

wicked
04-16-2010, 12:22 AM
. 8-)

Zentrix
04-16-2010, 02:39 AM
THANK YOU, EVOLV! Thank. You.

Daniel
04-16-2010, 07:32 AM
I still say that we have a try out. Even if its not a hard map, have something to prove people can surf well. I'm not going to call anyone out, but there are people in ksf that are awful at surfing. That needs to change.

aImZ
04-16-2010, 07:45 AM
IF u want that u should give severall maps the applicant can choose one from...i mean there are maps some ppl worse than me can fnish and i cant...it sometimes depends

DigitalTerrorist
04-16-2010, 09:14 AM
I still say that we have a try out. Even if its not a hard map, have something to prove people can surf well. I'm not going to call anyone out, but there are people in ksf that are awful at surfing. That needs to change.

Thanks for not name dropping me, asshole.

.:Deadeye:.
04-16-2010, 06:42 PM

YES!!!

now whats a good benchmark map?

Zentrix
04-16-2010, 06:49 PM

Lets get a KSF_tryout_beta remake done :) that map is just epic no matter how many years old it is!

And right about the surfing part. Also, most of the applicants lately can't surf well. I think they're inspired if you know what I'm alluding to :twisted:
- sincerly zen

edit: I think a lot of you are afraid of being skeptical. Don't be. Be extremely skeptical!
happy surfing.

aImZ
04-16-2010, 08:36 PM

i still say id be better to have at least 2 or 3 maps the applicant can choose from (like i used to say for my yes it needs a map like fruits OR vegies OR amplitude OR anything like that (ok no rly high standarts but u know what i mean(well i dont expect anyone to be as good as explizit or zent but i also think a minimum skill level should be a standart)))

(allright that was a weird explanation, hope someone got to what i was gettin at:D)

04-16-2010, 10:04 PM
(well i dont expect anyone to be as good as explizit or zent
I see how it is D:

T!cK
04-16-2010, 10:06 PM
try outs would be great

im sure i could spare some time for tryouts and other head admins
just add them on steam and talk to them asking if they want a tryout
we could do it on any map true skill shows through easy maps too but if they seem ok it might just be a bad map for them.

what skill level?

ny_advance
forb tomb
quasar

i think the last one was liberation but that map is fairly easy

if we are going to have a skill level it has to be hard

Daniel
04-16-2010, 11:31 PM
Quasar is way too hard. I can almost beat bonus but cant even come close to 3. It should be something a bit obscure, just because everyone and there mother can beat fruits/veggies/those maps. I would say something like....commune_again_beta3? Its not too hard, but its difficult enough that you have to actually be good at surfing to beat it. Or torque?

04-17-2010, 08:14 AM
Torque could be a good map its fairly difficult but not too bad same with commune again

Phenom
04-17-2010, 08:57 PM
THANK YOU, EVOLV! Thank. You.

aImZ
04-18-2010, 02:26 PM
is there a official list of maps now?

Daniel
04-18-2010, 04:55 PM
Evolv posted this yesterday.

Before you begin the application process you must first pass a tryout with one of our higher members in order for us to maintain a high level of surf skill within the clan. A tryout can be held by any one of the following members.

- Mustard, evolv, T!ck, Phenom, Zentrix, Acid, Daniel or Deadeye.

You may then choose one of the following maps where your tryout will be held.

- surf_ny_advance, surf_sandman_v2, surf_torque, surf_commune_again_beta3, surf_liberation, surf_omnibus, surf_lithium, or surf_legendary.

Once you have passed the skill assessment with one of these members you may then proceed to filling out an application on the forums.

T!cK
04-18-2010, 05:23 PM
Evolv posted this yesterday.

Before you begin the application process you must first pass a tryout with one of our higher members in order for us to maintain a high level of surf skill within the clan. A tryout can be held by any one of the following members.

- Mustard, evolv, T!ck, Phenom, Zentrix, Acid, Daniel or Deadeye.

You may then choose one of the following maps where your tryout will be held.

- surf_ny_advance, surf_sandman_v2, surf_torque, surf_commune_again_beta3, surf_liberation, surf_omnibus, surf_lithium, or surf_legendary.

Once you have passed the skill assessment with one of these members you may then proceed to filling out an application on the forums.

Quite a difference of skill level there lol, people are just going to choose the same 2/3 :P

Zentrix
04-19-2010, 12:27 AM
This is great!

.Eric
04-29-2010, 08:41 AM
Are you saying that ny_advance and sandmanv2 have the same difficulty?
Sandman is sooo much harder than advance.

T!cK
04-29-2010, 08:51 AM
Are you saying that ny_advance and sandmanv2 have the same difficulty?
Sandman is sooo much harder than advance.

No....

I was saying that - surf_torque, surf_commune_again_beta3, surf_liberation, surf_omnibus are the easy maps.
Don't get me wrong I'm not against having these maps as tryout ones (except liberation).

juissi_^
07-04-2011, 05:03 AM
Tryout Maps:
surf_sandman_v2
surf_tronic
surf_syria_again
surf_dionysus
surf_royal
surf_exile
surf_legendary.
(You must complete each map in under ten minutes.)

Once you have completed two out of five tryout maps and have been approved by evolv, you may then proceed to filling out an application on the forums.

For now on, i suggest that we also hold a small tryout for some applicants, if we are in doubt of their skill level. (Like not having many top10s on our server and so on.) The tryout would be like:

1. They choose 1 random map tier3 + and complete it as fast as possible with some scs also. They would have 8mins to do that.

2. They choose 1 of the tryout maps or another tier5-6 map thats almost as hard as the tryout maps. They would have 8mins to do that too.

Its just that we get all the trash who cant get into nm or another high skilled surf clan, cos their tryout is way tigher than ours and its the easiest to get into ksf atm. lemme know what do you think about this :|

The old server would be a good place for tryouts if its possible to fix it, cant join there because of the new update :X

Skittl35
07-04-2011, 11:59 AM
Tryout Maps:
surf_sandman_v2
surf_tronic
surf_syria_again
surf_dionysus
surf_royal
surf_exile
surf_legendary.
(You must complete each map in under ten minutes.)

Once you have completed two out of five tryout maps and have been approved by evolv, you may then proceed to filling out an application on the forums.

For now on, i suggest that we also hold a small tryout for some applicants, if we are in doubt of their skill level. (Like not having many top10s on our server and so on.) The tryout would be like:

1. They choose 1 random map tier3 + and complete it as fast as possible with some scs also. They would have 8mins to do that.

2. They choose 1 of the tryout maps or another tier5-6 map thats almost as hard as the tryout maps. They would have 8mins to do that too.

Its just that we get all the trash who cant get into nm or another high skilled surf clan, cos their tryout is way tigher than ours and its the easiest to get into ksf atm. lemme know what do you think about this :|

The old server would be a good place for tryouts if its possible to fix it, cant join there because of the new update :X

Again!? I just updated that the other day ... I'll try and remember to get on that when I'm back from work.

juissi_^
07-04-2011, 02:22 PM
i mean the 2 slot server :)

Skittl35
07-04-2011, 02:26 PM
Oh, my mistake. I already use my server for testing my maps (when it's empty) you guys are welcome to use it for the tryouts too.

KamAspelt
08-12-2019, 02:46 AM
I totally agree that such a tool would be absolutely wonderful. However, until it or something else gets here, we have to make do with what weve got.

Jorgen