PDA

View Full Version : Surf_Ksf

Daniel
10-14-2009, 11:31 AM
So I just talked to lucky charms about this, and I really think it should happen. I personally can't use hammer for the life of me, but here is a list of people that I know are good and would like to see contribute a stage.

Lucky Charms
Paul
Kiru
Unt(perhaps make a jail/spawn since you're good with entities?)

Just post here if you're interested and you guys can figure out who wants to make what etc.

Lets MAKE THIS HAPPEN :D

cocaine
10-14-2009, 12:10 PM
i could make a stage for this ^________________^

evolv
10-14-2009, 12:11 PM
sweeeeeeeeeet

Daniel
10-14-2009, 12:57 PM
Ok so I talked a bit to kiru, and I think this should be 6 or 7 stages. Also, Kiru has a bonus that will be on level 3 that will tele you to level 6, unlocking something nice if anyone beats the map, although it would be cool if you HAD to have beaten the bonus to get this nice thing, not just have someone else do it. I haven't thought of a theme, but feel free to suggest anything. Also, if you have thoughts on the number of stages or anything like, also feel free. I guess this can be a sign up list.

Stage 1:
Stage 2:
Stage 3:
Stage 4:
Stage 5:
Stage 6:
Bonus: Kiru

One other thing, even if you can not map, you can still contribute by making textures or anything if you want.

evolv
10-14-2009, 01:01 PM
Lody sais he'll make a level :D, ok well if you guys do make this please make it colorful! Im sick of dull, boring, monotone maps.

MrRogersInDaHood
10-14-2009, 01:08 PM
Well I have actually used hammer quite a bit but I haven't ever released anything of mine, I have a stage I made for Steve (there is a few Steves it was one of them) but it was too hard, perhaps you guys could take a look at it? Its one level which is good for this I suppose, isn't a piece of shit, looks good (needs a few tweaking) and is CHALLENGING took Sangre 20 minutes or so to beat it (maybe a little less but that was on his first try after that it got easier).

Daniel
10-14-2009, 01:11 PM
Lody sais he'll make a level :D, ok well if you guys do make this please make it colorful! Im sick of dull, boring, monotone maps.
You should make some textures dude. Also, as much as I like Lody, I feel like we should make this exclusive, you know?

Paul
10-14-2009, 01:25 PM
I'LL MAKE A BORING MONOTONE STAGE IF I WANT TO!

MrRogersInDaHood
10-14-2009, 01:43 PM

Crap, my level is all metallic >.> with lots of brown rust metal, steel (steel is a very good texture cause it absorbs light well so you can tint it various colors) and yellow and black caution stripes not particularly colorful has some sky in it (viewed through green glass).

LuckyCharms
10-14-2009, 02:03 PM
i wanna make spawn and last level :D got some ideas ^^

unt0uch4bl3
10-14-2009, 02:25 PM
Well Ill provide assistance, I don't have any ideas to actually make something.

I just have to say that if this projects goes through, it has to be very well done. VERY well, because it will represent ksf, since your naming it surf_ksf. So less stages is better than tons of crap. Has to look and surf nice. We might as well have a vote on each stage if it meets standards or rather exceeds standards.

Also, don't put KSF all over the place, stick it into one spot, with the credits that is also relatively small and not in everyone's face.
(I especially like skar's idea in surf_delusion, so doing that would be a good idea)

A good idea to include KSF in the map if you really want to is make the theme about ksf. Keyword "about", not putting ksf letters everywhere and saying it has a ksf theme. Think about what KSF is known for, good and bad and what you like most about it. That would be a ksf themed map.

I will be strongly against KSF in everystage/everyspot. The less the better, think about other clans and their maps, such as surf-velocity, and how their maps were gay.

Don't make the same mistake.

If you have a good idea about something entity related and don't know how to do it Ill do it. Remember, nothing is impossible (and if it is impossible I'll verify it), so think of the craziest shit that you've never seen done. (For example spectrum's jail that I made, and several things from delusion such as randomized stages, flying through portals in certain order.)
We can include custom player models (because it is possible to change player models w/o admin plugins that no one knows how to) and custom models in general that player can make I'm sure since he got quite a bit of experience with 3ds max.

You can also include env_global to make the map different on certain rounds, as in parrot selector and other unreleased maps.
You can also include cool-sprite trails to make it visually appealing such as in spectrum and delusion.
BSP: http://solidfiles.com/d/keBg
VMF: http://solidfiles.com/d/o78N
[img_dim width=1000 height=625:n84f05ev]http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/4631/spritetrails.jpg[/img_dim:n84f05ev]

Basically make this map much more than just a regular surf map. It is very important tho that the gameplay and the surf stages stay interesting.

Btw, does it really have to be a staged skill map? How about a linear map w/ check points if you really want. But a loooong linear map would be cool and because each section will have a different theme, each theme will transform into the next. Also If you do linear map, an interesting jail system should be made. I don't want to say hp system because it would be too much like surf 2012 but a certain system that may allow players to get teleported to further parts of the linear map. Point system? if you surf through a designated area (like unlocking bonus jails on commune) thats hard to get to you'll get a point and you'll be able to use it to enter further parts of the map. Just throwing out ideas, build on this if you'd like (Don't worry about figuring out how it will work).

Mr.Demon <3
10-14-2009, 02:47 PM
If you need help on anything just tell me :P
I'm not really familiar with hammer but i could test and shit
+ really good choice to get kiiru for the bonus, he's awesome at making stage

Bugnutz
10-14-2009, 03:04 PM
I'm with Demon on that. But I really like Surf_delusion for that stage randomization. Then, it doesn't feel to me like you're doing the same dam thing over and over and over. It keeps you guessing as to what's going to be next.

Daniel
10-14-2009, 03:25 PM
Good point on the maybe not making it staged, but I'm sort of against linear because I feel like it just won't flow that well if its all of a sudden made by someone else. Perhaps we could do an XIV sort of thing? Idk, that would mean more people could make parts just because its a lot easier to make something that isn't surf than a surf stage(at least to me it seems like that would be the case.) And yes, I fully agree we all vote on whether a part is good enough or not before its added.

unt0uch4bl3
10-14-2009, 03:29 PM
Good point on the maybe not making it staged, but I'm sort of against linear because I feel like it just won't flow that well if its all of a sudden made by someone else. Perhaps we could do an XIV sort of thing? Idk, that would mean more people could make parts just because its a lot easier to make something that isn't surf than a surf stage(at least to me it seems like that would be the case.) And yes, I fully agree we all vote on whether a part is good enough or not before its added.

so u mean copy surf_allinonevelocity? fuck that.

Relapse
10-14-2009, 04:28 PM
ummm, this might be a pretty stupid idea but maybe if it would be abit like surf_xiv and those maps, but we have like one stage that every1 starts on and the first to finish the stage chooses the next stage, and so on untill some1 have completed the map? it just popped up in my head, might just be an retarded idea :P but atleast i tried ;)

Mr.Demon <3
10-14-2009, 04:47 PM
ummm, this might be a pretty stupid idea but maybe if it would be abit like surf_xiv and those maps, but we have like one stage that every1 starts on and the first to finish the stage chooses the next stage, and so on untill some1 have completed the map? it just popped up in my head, might just be an retarded idea :P but atleast i tried ;)

+1
In fact I love your idea. Imo it original and wouldnt be super lame like xiv and allinonevelocity where you got to have luck to choose the next stage.

Daniel
10-14-2009, 06:54 PM
I agree actually relapse. I think this would be a GREAT idea. I'm going to make another topic with a vote.

Paul
10-15-2009, 09:56 AM
Qualities KSF is known for good and bad you say?

It's a 5 minute job but guess who!

http://i34.tinypic.com/2ecm1dl.jpg

Mr.Demon <3
10-15-2009, 10:12 AM
Acid :ugeek:

chef. lack
10-15-2009, 10:40 AM
put plenty of time into this, don't try to rush this by ANY means, as untouchable said, it's representing a clan, and if the map fails, it's the clan failing. this should be avoidable though for the vast arrawy of people we have in the clan, just like untouchable said every little aspect needs to be a little mind blowing

LuckyCharms
10-15-2009, 12:51 PM
http://www8.speedyshare.com/data/590123404/18834967/79037323/ksfspawn0001.jpg
http://www8.speedyshare.com/data/590123404/18834968/91091925/ksfspawn0002.jpg
Just somethin im working on... Might be for a map not sure yet ^^. i started adding ramps and stuff. its turning out well. if you want more pics just say so :O.

MrRogersInDaHood
10-15-2009, 12:57 PM
The more I read this the more I realize that the stages I made previously can't be implemented into this, it's going to have to be original and creative, also a bit different from what I usually do to fit into a whole thing (also generally higher standards to be released.) I like Relapses idea ALOT.

My idea is that at the end of the timer something in the map recognizes what level you were on and you compete to decide who sets jail options, (friction, speed, gravity, health (mainly lowering health), ice skate, and perhaps various things in the jail that kill you when touched)

unt0uch4bl3
10-15-2009, 01:28 PM
http://www8.speedyshare.com/data/590123404/18834968/91091925/ksfspawn0002.jpg
Just somethin im working on... Might be for a map not sure yet ^^. i started adding ramps and stuff. its turning out well. if you want more pics just say so :O.

I'm liking and sensing a jurassic park feel. Nature themes are great and sadly are not used often. We need more themes just like this (not nature i mean, but good ones that are not used often as opposed to shitty metal and concrete everywhere with caution strips every few feet).

I would consult skar on some grass textures that have grass growing out of them that blend (as in delusion).

Player
10-15-2009, 04:28 PM
if you guys need models, just hit me up on steam (add boris_kro) and say the word. I can do pretty much anything, and animate it.

.kjære.
10-16-2009, 10:51 AM
can i make stage why you mad tho and have kanya's face at the end like IMA LET YOU FINISH only it teleports them back the beginning. i know. genius.

unt0uch4bl3
10-16-2009, 01:27 PM
can i make stage why you mad tho and have kanya's face at the end like IMA LET YOU FINISH only it teleports them back the beginning. i know. genius.
lol

Zentrix
10-16-2009, 09:35 PM
its about damn time ksf creates something. too bad we didnt start on this a while ago, while there were plenty of experienced mappers in ksf to help out. btw, count me in as a judge of the standards of each project ;). and sadly i cant help with anything since i havent touched hammer like... ever

Mr.Demon <3
10-16-2009, 10:15 PM
its about damn time ksf creates something. too bad we didnt start on this a while ago, while there were plenty of experienced mappers in ksf to help out. btw, count me in as a judge of the standards of each project ;). and sadly i cant help with anything since i havent touched hammer like... ever
+1 for me

Phenom
10-16-2009, 11:26 PM
Im down for testing, but i cant map for shit. so i guess i can only tell you about bugs or improvements.

gorgeous gentleman
10-19-2009, 03:27 PM
sup /b/

my stage will be very difficult, i take inspiration from 7 of surf_legendary_almost

there will be big gay curvy ramps with some air strafing.

Mr.Demon <3
10-19-2009, 06:19 PM
sup /b/

my stage will be very difficult, i take inspiration from 7 of surf_legendary_almost

there will be big gay curvy ramps with some air strafing.

I dont know if i should call you gay.
Anyway that's pretty cool if you're making a stage for surf_ksf

evolv
10-22-2009, 11:25 PM
http://www8.speedyshare.com/data/590123 ... wn0002.jpg (http://www8.speedyshare.com/data/590123404/18834968/91091925/ksfspawn0002.jpg)
I like how it looks but can you make it more bright, vivid, colors! :D

Player
10-23-2009, 08:25 PM
I suggest we rip off delusion, except the levels will have two ways of finishing, an easy way and a hard way. The hard way would give you more health. that way the less skilled surfers can manage to make good progress while the more skilled surfers will still have an advantage as long as they challenge themselves.

Mr.Demon <3
10-23-2009, 09:24 PM
Yeah that would be a good idea too.
I just want it to be original, not only staged.
Just give a bunch of idea so we can Brainstorm on that shit