PDA

View Full Version : few things

Zeus
04-22-2009, 03:16 PM
Ok few things,

number one, remove rank or make rank work on ksf surf #1. Its broke and it annoys me.

number two, remove combat maps from ksf surf #1 and make it skill maps only. And review the map list too, theres a load of shit skill maps in there.

number three, make the jailbreak server ksf surf #2, combat surf with the classics such as machine2, 10x, gloaming, buck around, whatev. Add hlstatsx to that. (im not a rank whore, but trust me, it keeps people coming back to the server cos they all wanna be rank 1)

number 4, take respawn off completely. its fucking annoying when people just keep respawning and a round NEVER ends. its better without it.

number 5, in the ''member list'' topic, add next to the peoples names what admin level they have

number 6, i forgot what it was but ill remember it later.

imported_admin
04-22-2009, 03:45 PM
JB was originally going to be surf #2 with fun maps instead of skill maps, but we decided to mix them. If we go back to fun maps, it will probably be a deathmatch server. JB was getting popular for a while, but it seems to have tapered off as of late. We'll see.

I don't know why Psychostats is broken. I'll look into it when I get a chance.

Respawn has a thirty second timer. We can extend that to a minute or two, but thirty seconds is the default. I wrote the plugin at the request of clan leadership.

Mr.Demon <3
04-22-2009, 04:48 PM
Respawn has a thirty second timer. We can extend that to a minute or two, but thirty seconds is the default. I wrote the plugin at the request of clan leadership.

i aggree with Zeus on this point... make it like 5 min at least if u dont completly put it out..

unt0uch4bl3
04-22-2009, 07:28 PM
No, respawn is very useful in the sense that admins don't have to be ON to respawn people. For example on forbidden tomb, if the timer is disabled... who the heck is going to respawn people. U just need to make it so u can't respawn more than TWICE per round. I think that would be a good solution.

penor
04-22-2009, 08:42 PM
timers can't be off unless there is an admin in ther server =/

Phenom
04-22-2009, 08:48 PM
No, respawn is very useful in the sense that admins don't have to be ON to respawn people. For example on forbidden tomb, if the timer is disabled... who the heck is going to respawn people. U just need to make it so u can't respawn more than TWICE per round. I think that would be a good solution.

i like this idea. its better than a round lasting forever with 2 gun spawns or something. it prevents people from "messing" the map up but keeps gameplay fun.

unt0uch4bl3
04-22-2009, 09:15 PM
admin turns off timers, and then goes afk. then what?

2 respawns per round is more than generous... actually it should really be one.

if you just joined server, u want to respawn, u use it up.. if u already were in the server, u die and u respawn, then u use it up. One respawn is best i guess.

Zeus
04-22-2009, 09:22 PM
if you make it a combat surf server, DONT make it dm. or rpg. or anything.

chef. lack
04-22-2009, 09:38 PM
idk how popular the JB server has been, but if it hasn't been doing to well i agree that it should be a combat server (no dm imo, or maybe on just certain maps). i like to surf combat, but there's so many rgp/dm combat servers

respawn could be extended, i don't think it should be completely removed tho (ie forbidden tomb as forementioned)

penor
04-23-2009, 12:38 AM
Id recommend avoiding anything surf related on the new server and either:

1) Normal CSS + plans to set up a scrim team
3) Fun maps like deathrun/bunnyhop etc.
4) Keeping it JB
5) Combat surf.

In order of preference. There has been much talk about the scrim team and I'm sure one could be set up if organized. Now that we got a vent, it would be a lot easier to get a hold of people. This would also allow us to expand to other types of gameplay and possibly attract people that are not only interested in surf. The two surf servers would just conflict with each other and cause one or the other to be empty, all in all leading to another topic like this.

Zeus
04-23-2009, 09:29 AM
I doubt they would conflict if it was two different types of surf ~

i've seen on our surf server, people who join to play skill maps and when a combat map comes on they will leave. and vice versa, if a combat map is the current map, people will join then leave when it changes and is too hard for them. Also, the reason im so for a combat surf server is cos im basing my judgement on a combat surf server that I know a couple people play on. It is no dm/rpg/ any mods, and is FULL 20/20 almost all the time. Ive never seen it below 10 people ever. (oh it has rank too for the rank whores which im guessing why it stays so full).

But then again Penor, i definitly agree with you on attracting more types of people other than surfers, but im not sure if were ready for that, our surf server itself isnt regularly full. Either way, it needs to be changed from jailbreak, because thats just been dead for ages and i think its a really hard gametype to keep up.

Should probably do a vote on what it should be but not everyone uses the forums so it would be kinda unbalanced ~ and untouchable yeah definitly 5 minute wait sounds good for respawn.

unt0uch4bl3
04-23-2009, 12:43 PM
Most rounds only last about 5 minutes.... IM NOT SUGGESTING 5 minute timer between respawns.

I'm Suggesting 1 Respawn PER ROUND, with a 30 second wait time.

-----

With 5 minute timer, if u die in the beginning of round u have to wait 5 minutes before being able to respawn but by then the round will be over so its totaly useless. Besides people will abuse the 5 minute timer thing by reconnecting. I mean they will abuse it MUCH MORE than the method im suggesting.

With 1 respawn per round, if u die.. u can respawn again in 30 seconds or it can be 1 minute... but you WILL be able to play again that round

Zeus
04-23-2009, 03:06 PM
once a round i guess is a better solution

imported_admin
04-23-2009, 04:44 PM
Most rounds only last about 5 minutes.... IM NOT SUGGESTING 5 minute timer between respawns.

-----

With 5 minute timer, if u die in the beginning of round u have to wait 5 minutes before being able to respawn but by then the round will be over so its totaly useless. Besides people will abuse the 5 minute timer thing by reconnecting. I mean they will abuse it MUCH MORE than the method im suggesting.

With 1 respawn per round, if u die.. u can respawn again in 30 seconds or it can be 1 minute... but you WILL be able to play again that round

If it's only one respawn per round, people will abuse that too. They'll rejoin and respawn. No point in changing it.

unt0uch4bl3
04-23-2009, 05:37 PM
Yes obviously they will abuse it, but not as much as with the 5 minute timer though.

Anyhow, maybe you can make it once per round by steam id?

penor
04-23-2009, 11:33 PM

-----

If it's only one respawn per round, people will abuse that too. They'll rejoin and respawn. No point in changing it.

I really doubt this. People won't bother doing this...not to mention 95% won't even figure it out.

imported_admin
04-24-2009, 12:51 AM

-----

I really doubt this. People won't bother doing this...not to mention 95% won't even figure it out.

You underestimate people. People will figure it out, word will spread quickly. Having people respawn every 30 seconds is better than having them disconnect and reconnect to the server every time they die. Hell, most of them will be KSF members. I guarantee it.

I'm not changing the plugin. Changing it would be a huge waste of time for something that isn't a major issue to begin with. We can change the server configs to allow respawn after 60 or 90 seconds. I built CVARs into the respawn plugin for that exact reason.

Mr.Demon <3
04-24-2009, 04:27 AM
well then make it 90.... but there's some specific map that shouldnt have timer at all... anyway :P

Phenom
04-24-2009, 08:40 AM
well then make it 90.... but there's some specific map that shouldnt have timer at all... anyway :P

lets have a vote. Someone start the poll.

penor
04-24-2009, 10:15 AM
I think the timer should change from map to map. If it's possible for someone to post the map list here, then we can decide on which maps get what.

Mr.Demon <3
04-24-2009, 03:35 PM
May i start with some obivous map like : gloaming, firingrange, crazyfrog(awp whore?!?) and XIV_v2a....

imported_admin
04-24-2009, 04:55 PM
May i start with some obivous map like : gloaming, firingrange, crazyfrog(awp whore?!?) and XIV_v2a....

The respawn plugin should be disabled for most battle maps. I believe it's already disabled for XIV.

Per-map configs are a real pain in the ass. Easy to do, just tedious.

Zeus
04-25-2009, 04:02 AM
graphia is a bad one for respawn too. Agree on gloaming very much. its disabled on xiv yes. And do we even have firingrange and crazyfrog on our map list? lol

Mr.Demon <3
04-25-2009, 07:03 AM
I dont even know xD that just maps that was obvious in my point of view

Zeus
04-28-2009, 09:19 AM
played xiv yesterday, turns out respawn ISNT disabled on it.