PDA

View Full Version : reminder of sourcebans and stoof

imported_admin
04-09-2009, 01:34 PM
I would urge everybody to be as descriptive as they can be in their ban messages. Use your console (sm_ban target <time> "reason") rather than the menu. If somebody were to look through the ban list and see a bunch of them with the same message, or with only menu options, it would look fairly suspicious.

And..

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z216/sigsegv11/CS/smban.jpg

No, Google. I did NOT mean ma_ban. Fuck you.

Zeus
04-09-2009, 03:40 PM
wow, unco same really likes banning people. So does 'woopyshizzle' - i dont even know who that is.

unt0uch4bl3
04-09-2009, 05:54 PM
Unco Same (55 bans | 55 w.d.)
...lol

Phenom
04-09-2009, 06:19 PM
just curious. To confirm... I was testing the ban system yesterday. i banned it as follows

/ban phenom 1 test

Would that display correctly to everyone in the server? i would like to know so i show other players that i mean business.

imported_admin
04-09-2009, 06:36 PM
just curious. To confirm... I was testing the ban system yesterday. i banned it as follows

/ban phenom 1 test

Would that display correctly to everyone in the server? i would like to know so i show other players that i mean business.

Chat triggers prefixed with a slash don't display. If you prefix it with an exclamation mark instead of a slash, it will show.

Does not show in chat:

/ban phenom 0 test

Shows in chat:

!ban phenom 0 test

chef. lack
04-09-2009, 10:20 PM
quick question, probably since i'll never ban anyone (2 in like 6 years) is the time in like hours then? just type 5 and that's 5 hours?

css newb here when it comes to serverside

Phenom
04-09-2009, 10:22 PM
quick question, probably since i'll never ban anyone (2 in like 6 years) is the time in like hours then? just type 5 and that's 5 hours?

css newb here when it comes to serverside

no, it is in minutes. so if you want to ban for an hour, it is "60". Hope this helps.

penor
04-09-2009, 10:29 PM
Also to add, 0 is perma ban and should not be used by anyone except for the clan leaders. If you think anyone deserves such a ban, ban them for a couple of hours and tell mustard/spyder/evolv/untouch/zentrix.

imported_admin
04-10-2009, 01:07 AM
Also to add, 0 is perma ban and should not be used by anyone except for the clan leaders. If you think anyone deserves such a ban, ban them for a couple of hours and tell mustard/spyder/evolv/untouch/zentrix.

Try to get a demo of them breaking the rules, and clan leadership will decide. Good call, Penor.