PDA

View Full Version : Admin Levels, ALL SERVER ADMINS NEED TO READ THIS!

imported_admin
02-20-2009, 03:13 AM
I spent a bit of time today revamping the admin levels and who has access to what. We've had a number of complaints recently about maps switching too often, so I have set up four basic admin levels. Most of you are currently at Level One (the basics -- slay, kick, ban, mute, etc). If you feel you should be higher, please talk to clan leadership.

Here's the current breakdown of admin levels and permissions (these are subject to change):

Admin Level One

- Slay
- Kick
- Mute
- Ban
- Ability to use admin chat features
- Reserved Slot (if reserved slots are enabled)

Admin Level Two

- Admin Level One
- Votes (slay/kick votes, etc. Map votes are restricted to Level Three and above)

Admin Level Three

- Admin Level Two
- Map votes
- Noclip (and other sv_cheats stuff)
- Unban
- Change Map

Admin Level Four

- Admin Level Three
- Change cvars
- Password server

I will say that if you want a new map, then rock the vote. That's why the plugin is on the server -- it is designed to require a majority of votes to work. If you have Level Three admin or above and I catch you changing the map without a good reason (or get enough complaints about you), I will personally make sure you no longer have access to change the map. Don't simply change it because you can't surf it or don't like it.

-Spyder

imported_admin
02-20-2009, 05:13 PM
I've also restricted the slap command to Admin Levels Two and above.

There's no practical reason for it, and I'm sick of it being spammed.

penor
02-21-2009, 01:14 AM
I'd recommend adding another admin group dedicated especially for donators. As our server gets bigger and more regulars start to appear, people would not only want to support the server, but get some extra goodies as well. These should include all the fun stuff and maybe a reserved slot if they do get enabled. And for the sake of the server, please no ban/kick/mute/map change. Just because you are rich/young doesn't mean you should be trusted.

Zeus
02-21-2009, 01:33 PM
Nice work spyder

imported_admin
02-21-2009, 02:13 PM
I'd recommend adding another admin group dedicated especially for donators. As our server gets bigger and more regulars start to appear, people would not only want to support the server, but get some extra goodies as well. These should include all the fun stuff and maybe a reserved slot if they do get enabled. And for the sake of the server, please no ban/kick/mute/map change. Just because you are rich/young doesn't mean you should be trusted.

This has already been mentioned, and it's something I'll look into as soon as we get our first paid admin.

jihad
07-28-2009, 08:36 PM
You should make Admin Level Five and Admin Level Six.